CHAPTER: 6 THE BET

Connor's POV

FLASHBACK

3 MONTHS AGO

"I won't let her get away with this. How dare she talk back to me like that. That little bitch" Jess growled. Anna looked down on Jess, no one has ever done that to her. Everyone is scared of Jess, and talking back, is something alien to her.

"To be honest even I didn't like her. She needs to know her place" Ashley replied.

"What do you have in mind Jess?" Alex grinned knowing Jess would already have plans to ruin Anna's life. On Alex's question, Jess had a very mischievous grin on her face, from which I figured Anna got herself into a very big mess.

"Guys!! Who's up for a bet?" Jess smiled. "What Bet?" I asked curiously.

"She's new. She doesn't know us, Right?" Jess asked. "Well yes, it was her first day, after all" I stated the obvious.

"Correct! Connor, you're good with making girls fall in love with you, right? You're the player of Silver high" Jess said. "Well, if you put it like that, but it's not my fault they fall for this charming and adorable face" I replied while cupping my face, to which I got a few disgusting groans from everyone.  

"So, the bet is to make Anna fall in love with you, then dump her when she starts loving you to the extent, she can't live without you. Break her heart, Simple" Jess casually said.

"WHAT- that's disgusting plus she ain't my type," I said.

"Why? Are you scared bro? Well obviously Anna is not an easy target, maybe you just chickened out, right Connor?" Alex laughed.

"Do you think she won't fall for your charming face?" Ash joined in "Well Connor now tell me will you accept the bet or not?" Jess asked.

"The bet is ON..." 

NEXT DAY

We went to the school. For the bet, I needed to be friends with Anna first, so I thought I should ask Davina for help. I couldn't tell Davina about the bet she is the only do-gooder in the group.

"Hey, Davina! You going to the class?" I asked.

"Uh- Yes Connor. What's up with you?" Davina asked. She always knows if there's something wrong with anyone. I can't let her catch up on me this time that will ruin my whole plan.

"Nothing. Hey, listen can I ask you for a favor?" I asked

"Yes, Connor anything," Davina replied almost immediately.

"About the new girl. Do you think she can be my friend?" I asked shyly. "Connor not her. if you have any other intention to do something bad to her, Stop here. She's, my friend." Davina whisper and yelled at me. Typical Davina.

"No! no, no I swear it's nothing like that. I just wanna be friends. She has a spark, the way she talked back to Jess the other day I have to say it took me by surprise. So now please will you help me. Well, she could use another friend beside you, don't you think? I don't think anyone will talk to her after what she did to Jess and the others." I said hoping Davina will fall for it.

"Well, you do have a point. Okay, I'll help you" she replied. Yes!!!

Step-1 Convincing Davina; Check...

"Davina! Hi!" Anna shouted from a distance. We saw her coming towards us from a distance and assumed everyone was giving her weird looks and no one was talking to her. But that didn't seem to affect her at all. Interesting.

"Hey Anna, are you all settled here?" Davina asked. and they started talking I had to elbow Davina to let her know about my presence.

"Oh! and this is Connor, whom you met yesterday. He wants to be friends with you." Davina said straightforwardly. This girl I swear to God. I didn't want Anna to think I was a freak, that would make my whole plan burn up in flames.

"Oh really? Well, that'd be nice. So Connor, Friends?" Anna again took me by surprise with her words. This girl is surely not an easy target.

"Friends!" I replied smiling.

Step 2 Being Friends with Anna; Check...