CHAPTER: 13 DROWNED

PRESENT

Ashley's POV

"I told you everything you wanted to know. I know what I did was wrong. I shouldn't have done that" I said. I know I did it impulsively. I got angry and did something I shouldn't have done.

"You took advantage of someone's fear. Do you even call yourself human?" He yelled. He threw his chair and started throwing stuff which I didn't even know was there. Then I realized that the water has reached my chest.

"Hey! I said everything. Please let me go. The water is increasing. Untie my hands. Please" I begged. But he just turned around and smirked. Then just turned around towards the hose. I thought he was going to stop the water but to my surprise, he turned it opposite side which made the water flow faster.

"What are you doing? Close it. Now. You promised me you wouldn't hurt me" I started yelling as water reached my face. 

"Yes, I promised I wouldn't hurt you. So I'm not, water is what's going to hurt you" He laughed.

He started leaving, and I begged and shouted. I tried to find a way to untie my hands but it was of no use and after five minutes the water went above my head. I struggled to breathe. My body started feeling lighter and lighter and my eyes started feeling heavier. I tried my best to keep my eyes open. I felt everything around me muffle and slowly I slept away. . .

NEXT DAY

Breaking News: Ashley Baker, an influencer and granddaughter of the most successful fashion designer, was found dead in an abandoned pool amid a forest this morning. Sources state that a tip was given to the cops by an anonymous person about Ashley Baker this morning. Cops believe the person who gave the tip is the murderer who killed both Ashley as well as Connor. The investigation is taking place right as we speak by the Tennessee police (THP), and once again Silver high faces a great loss.

"Alex, Jessica. What is happening? Ashley is dead?" Davina cried. "I don't know she was with us the whole day yesterday. We were hanging out near the cafeteria she got angry with me and left after that she went missing" Jessica cried. "And you didn't try to find her? Ashley was our friend Jess. Now she is dead because of your ego" Davina started yelling. We saw Alex coming. He was sweating and panting. He said something hard to make out because he was panting.

"Video...page...school...Ashley...Watch" Alex huffed. But Davina and Jessica understood what he was trying to say. They opened the school website and there was a video posted of Ashley, tied up in the same swimming pool they played with Anna. Ashley said everything about that day. Still, the person drowned her.

"Who the actual hell is this person?" Jessica shouted. "Ashley knew this person? Why was she making a deal with the murderer? Jess, what did you not tell me?" Davina asked suspiciously. Davina is quick on catching on to things. Alex and Jessica looked at each other and then they told everything to Davina about the texts.

"And you guys didn't think this was serious to let Ashley go alone like that?" Davina shouted. "We know" Jess cried. "Do you guys have any idea who might be this person who knows Anna and who must hold grudge against you guys? For all, we know anyone of you could be next" Davina asked. "I am not sure but I suspect one person," Alex said. "Who?" Davina asked curiously. 

"Austen. All of this started as soon as Austen came. He knew Anna. He was her best friend in Mexico, Anna must have told him about us. That's how he knew you Davina" Alex explained. "Oh my god Yes! You are right. Everything started as soon as Austen came into the picture" Jess said. 

"No, it's not Austen" Davina interrupted. "And how are you so sure?" Alex asked. "Because timing doesn't fit. Austen and I are hanging out for almost half of the day. We have fun and I am with him almost every time. And he was with me the whole day yesterday. It can't be him" Davina explained.

"Then who?" Alex asked.

In the midst of all this Davina, Jessica, and Alex all three of their cell phone pinged. It was an unidentified number saying:

'GET READY. YOU ARE NEXT'