Chapter Thirty-six

The day before my driving test I was freaking out, which means I couldn't get any sleep last night now fast-forward today which was the day of my driving test in the afternoon around one-twenty pm was the time of the test so, I was pretty much wor...

The day before my driving test I was freaking out, which means I couldn't get any sleep last night now fast-forward today which was the day of my driving test in the afternoon around one-twenty pm was the time of the test so, I was pretty much worried about if I would have failed the test even though everyone else had been supportive of my decision to retake a driving exam to improve my skills on the road although, I was slightly more nervous about driving on the road again for the very first time since my accident that had happened two years ago.

My boyfriend had made me smile when he placed a plate of croissants on the table, a glass of orange juice and a good luck card to wish me absolute the best for my driving test though before he had met me. He was eating out in a restaurant or making himself some beans on toast until I was teaching him, how to cook in exchange for driving lessons from him, however, we did have a few bumps at first, but therefore we did learn from our mistakes that it makes us humans because no one else is perfect unless you are a robot.

"Can all of you please tag along with me for -"

Slowly glancing up at him as I stop using my index fingertips to trace a little pattern on the table then Penelope, my blonde-haired best friend interjected "of course, we will always be there to support and see you thriving in life girl!"

A small smile made its way onto my face loving how they were super supportive of me to face any single challenge that might come my way through life, knowing my journey seeking happiness was my alone heart discovery on my way back home from New Zealand to England then to finally finding him again was inevitable in addition to a couple of months ahead of time we were all focused on the massive amounts of paperwork with the first year of exams coming up even though the boys had the finals in four days.

"I love you and you are all like a sisters to me. Penelope, Tally and Cynthia!"I exclaimed happily to them.

They were all sitting around the table waiting patiently to hear all about my wedding plans while talking amongst each other with a smile on their face as we were flicking through page  those bridal magazines whereas the boys were sitting down in the living room of my fiancé apartment talking about the next couple weeks of training in football practice.

Moreover, I believe that destiny finds faith when we meet the love of our life in the past and then suddenly we are being swept off our feet in the future by them. Love seems to be showing up unexpectedly which means when we are least expecting to be honest with everyone I didn't know how lucky was until I saw him again because we are both two different beating hearts where one was lost also another struggling to cope with the insufferable agony of learning about when there is tear then there is hope.

"I'm so glad that you survive the car crash because otherwise there wouldn't be no us, no you and most importantly no me without you" after he had walked into the room with a dashing smile on his face, which was made me laugh and then cried at the same time as I stopped what I was doing to run straight into his arms "you are my heaven, my favourite person to talk to when things go bad and you're my person," he confessed his feelings to me in those words exactly.

The majority of shitty things have happened in the past year where I was so close to giving up more than my life and my belief in life, all in all, I started to wonder if this very same luck that has been keeping me alive all these years ago when I almost departed from the world wasn't luck but maybe perhaps it was the greatest highest of heaven that has been saving me for a particular purpose in my life furthermore, I believe that there is a God who saves me from myself too, especially if I need it the most to stop me from going passed self-destruction mode.

I was done mourning my sorrows with a glass of wine and a few out of date prescription pills when I was given a second opportunity to live again in the middle of the misty storm that I was going through as I was holding on to my dear life it wasn't until I had realised that family means everything to me because God knows that I wouldn't be able to be this strong without them.

Slowly brought my cross necklace that was happily sitting on my neck and then I drew it up to my lips to kiss It while popping a bottle of sparkling non-alcoholic grapes champagne to make a toast.

"You guys are my core strength and the reason why I was able to get up every morning to continue to fight my battle but the fight is no more because a couple of weeks ago, I had them flushed down the toilet!" I cheered for everyone in this room.

Everyone was delighted to see and hear the news of our progress as I for one felt very joyous about being able to live past the age of nineteen -twenty as well as getting happily married soon after the finals so in a way that makes it a double celebration.

One little life lesson that I had to learn was whatever was lost wasn't missing, however, it might have been misplaced or maybe you weren't looking hard enough to be able to see what was right in front of you this whole time. It doesn't imply one thing only nonetheless, it implies more than one thing or perhaps even a person who you love with your entire heart, soul and mind.