Chap 24

Y/n POV:
Before I went to talk to Lizzie, I called Chris first. Of course he didn't answer so I texted him. Now I go to Lizzie's room, when I get to her door, I knock and enter.

As usual, she has her nose in a book and her coffee cup on her bedside table. I step forward and face her.

"Lizzie, we really need to talk" I say.
"Yes, that's for sure" she adds, putting down her book.
"But we can't talk here.
"Why not?" she asks me.
"Earlier, your father summoned me to his office and when I was about to leave, he warned me about the promise I had made when he gave me this job" I explain to her, slightly panicked
"I see" she sighs. "We'll go and talk after lunch, I know a nice place" she said as she went back to her reading then I left to do the tasks that Mr.Olsen had given me earlier in the day.

When it was time to eat, I went to change my clothes and went back down to the living room. I sat down in front of Lizzie who welcomed me with a smile. The dinner was quiet except for a few exchanges between Mr.Olsen and Lizzie or me with Mrs.Olsen. The atmosphere at the table has changed radically since everyone has returned to their daily routine. Once dinner was over, I cleared up, went up to my room to change into something more comfortable. A noise at my door alerted me that Lizzie was ready.

"Come in" I said as I finished putting on my shoes.
"Are you ready?" she asks me with a questioning look.
"Now, yes" I answer while grabbing my keys and my jacket.

Before leaving, she went to tell her mother that we going out because she know that she wouldn't ask her a million questions about where she was going and why I was with her. Of course she didn't tell me where we were going so I had to leave my car keys with her. Not to be pessimistic, but Lizzie driving a car is like me on rollerblades, two things that don't go together and are a danger.
A few heart attacks later, we arrived and I immediately recognized the place.

She took me to Point Dume State Beach. One of my favorite beaches in California. It was also on this beach that I told her how I felt about her. The view is breathtaking. The sun's rays light up the beach and embrace the sea. The reflection of the rays on the water give the impression that millions of diamonds are in the ocean and the gradation of color in the sky is magnificent.

We leave the car and we begin to walk in direction of the beach. After some minutes of walks, we sit down on a dune in front of the sea. None of us speaks, only the noise of the waves crashing on the sand and the wind reach my ears. I turn to Lizzie and I can't help but stare at her, she is so beautiful.

"Your mother never told you that it was bad manners to stare" she says to me, laughing.
"Yes, but I can't help it when a pretty girl is next to me" I tease her and I can see that she blushes slightly at my answer
"Well if I remember correctly, we were supposed to talk".
"So listen Lizzie, I know things between us are complicated but part of us always wants to try again and make it work. In the past we made mistakes but now it's different don't you think? So what do you say?" I ask with a slight fear in my voice.

"We've definitely made mistakes, especially me. But I'm ready to try again, so for it to work, I have to do something first" she says, coming closer to me
"And what is that?" I ask curious to know more
"I want to apologize for what happened six years ago when we broke up. The way I did it was horrible so I wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry" she says with tears in her eyes
"On this point, we are both to blame as well as you and me. So I apologize too" I reply.

"Why did you do that? Why did you kiss that girl?" she asks me.
"Things were going very badly between the two of us and the day before you left, we had a fight and said horrible things to each other but I didn't want that night to go like that. As you didn't answer my messages, 1 week after your departure, I took a flight to New York to see you. When I arrived in New York, I took a cab and went to the studio where you were shooting your first movie with the help of your sisters and that's when I realized that you weren't going to come back because you were in your place, surrounded by cameras with great makeup and incredible clothes. I was about to leave when your sisters saw me and came to see me, we talked, I explained what had happened. They tried to reassure me but I knew very well that it was finished then I returned and the weekend I left in club and I kissed this girl and the continuation I believe that you know it " I finish by looking at the sand avoiding any contact with her eyes.

"Losing you was the biggest mistake of my life and it should never have happened so I think I'm ready to try again" she says as she lifts my head so I can look at her.
"Can I kiss you?" I ask her.

Instead of answering me, she steps forward and connects our lips together. I smile like a fool against her lips. Until today, I didn't remember how much I had missed her.

————————————————————————
We know a little more about their past. Things are starting to look up but a few disturbing elements are coming 👀

I apologize for this chapter not being long and "written correctly" as usual but I'm having a hard time writing right now but don't panic I know exactly how the sequel will go.

So as usual if you have any suggestions don't hesitate and tell me what you think and I'll see you next chapter 😁👋🏼

By the way, guys let me know what do you think about the Wednesday Addams series without ANY spoiler because I haven't watched it yet