Chap 17

Y/n POV:
The week went by super fast. Lizzie stayed with me all week and didn't talk to her sisters and Zoe and Scarlett. In just a few days, we've grown closer and honestly I'd rather have that than have us fighting like we used to. Still, I'd like to get things straightened out between the girls before Mr. and Mrs. Olsen get back from their trip.

This morning I went to fix Mr. Olsen's car because something in the engine is not working. I take my things and go to the yard, in front of the house where the car is and start my work.

Lizzie POV:
This week was pretty special because I didn't talk to anyone except Y/n since I'm still on the fence with the girls. But it didn't bother me more than that, because with Y/n we got closer and sometimes I felt like everything was back like before.

I am awakened by loud noises coming from outside the house. I get up and go to the place where the noise comes from. When I get to the landing of the house, I see Y/n lying on the floor under my father's car, grumbling and banging on what looks like a pipe. I walk over to her.

"Hi, do you think it's a little early to be making a mess in the morning" I say to her with a laugh escaping from my mouth
"Hi, yes you're right but I have to finish fixing it before your father gets home" she answers me still under the car.

Suddenly, she taps on a pipe and a brown liquid with greenish tints that seems to be gasoline spurts out on her which soaked her and stained her shirt. I can't help but laugh at this scene. She pulls out from under the car and shot me with her eyes.

"I don't see what's so funny" she says to me offended because I made fun of her
"Oh come on Y/n, you're not going to sulk".
"I'm not sulking but instead of mocking you could go and get me a towel and a t-shirt" she asks me
"I'm going to take you that" and then I go to get what she asked me for

Y/n POV:
"This is going to be a lovely day" I think. A few minutes later, Lizzie comes back with a t-shirt and a towel.
"Here" she says to me as she hands me the stuff.
"Thank you" I answer her.
I take off my shirt, wipe off the gas and put on my shirt.
"By the way, are you doing anything tonight?" Lizzie asks me.
"No, why?" I ask her in turn
"Oh for nothing" she answers me with a smile
After this more or less strange discussion, Lizzie went back inside and I went back to work on this stupid car.

Lizzie POV:
Since Y/n spent the week with me, I wanted to give her a little surprise so I invited Chris and Andrew to spend the weekend. But to make sure everything goes well I have to go and talk to the girls. I go up to their rooms and gather them all in my room.

"So girls, we need to talk about what happened," I begin.
"Liz, we're really sorry," Ashley says, avoiding my eyes.
"First of all I want you to know that I'm not ready to forgive you yet but since Chris and Andrew are coming to spend the weekend here, I don't want there to be any tension between us" I explain
"Yes, you're right" replies Zoe.
"Can you explain to me why you wanted to meet Lydia" I ask them

"We just wanted to get to know her because
Y/n is important to us" begins MK
"And also Y/n seemed really attached to this girl so we dragged Zoe and Scarlett along with us" Ashley finishes
"I see, but you should have told me. But I don't understand why after this dinner Y/n and Lydia broke up?" I question them again

"Well, it's my fault" Ashley admitted.
"What do you mean?" asks Scarlett
"Wait, that means that what
Y/n, reproached you the other day was true" exclaimed MK
"Yes," stammered Ashley. "I couldn't stand the fact that Y/n could date someone other than Lizzie. So I told her I'd rather see Y/n date Lizzie than her. I'm really sorry" she explains and breaks down in tears

At that point, I didn't know what to do. I had never seen my sister like this. On the one hand she had lied to me but on the other hand she "prevented" Y/n from staying with Lydia and when she said that she would rather see Y/n with me, I smiled inside.

After a moment of reflection, I took her in my arms to console her and tell her that it was okay and that I forgave her.
After talking all together, we sort of made up even though I still haven't forgotten what they did.

Y/n POV:
After spending the morning working on this stupid car, I finally get it fixed. I pick up my stuff and turn to go into the house when I run into Ashley.

"Excuse me, did I hurt you?" I say as I help her up.
"No, I'm fine. Can we talk?" she asks. I can see from her face that she is upset and that she has been crying because her eyes are red and slightly swollen.
We sit on the steps in front of the mansion.

"Y/n I wanted to apologize for what I said to Lydia" she begins. "I didn't mean for you to break up, that wasn't my focus. I want you to know that I sincerely wanted to get to know her but at that dinner when I saw the way you looked at her it reminded me of how you looked at Lizzie before. So a million thoughts went through my mind and one in particular hurt" she said pausing before her tearful eyes met mine.

"What was that thought?" I ask her, trying not to rush her.
"I was afraid you would leave again and we wouldn't see you again" she confesses. "When you left after you and Lizzie broke up, I was angry and sad because I had lost a very good friend with who I was doing a lot of shit" she tells me.

When she told me that, I felt like I was getting a huge slap in the face because it reminded me of how close Ashley and I used to be and how much we loved to mess with Lizzie and MK. I felt guilty for leaving when it was Lizzie who had broken up with me.

"You know I'm not mad at you anymore Ashley. You opened my eyes to Lydia. I can't date someone who would rather trust people she just met than me. So I guess I should say thank you to you" I tell her with a warm smile.
"Are we friends again?" she asks
"We've always been, you know" I reply with a laugh.

After talking with Ashley, I went to the other girls to talk to them and we cleared the air. I spent the afternoon reading and swimming in the pool with the girls. A few hours later, the girls left to take their showers while I waited in the living room to read. All of a sudden the sound of the doorbell pulls me out of my reading, so I go to the door and when I open the door, the two people in front of me are not the one I expected here.

————————————————————————
Hi everyone, I apologize for not posting anything for two weeks.😥 I hope you like this chapter but if I'm not very convinced by this one.
I'll try to get 4/5 chapters out today to catch up
Have a great day 😁✌🏼