Chap 20 Part 1

Y/n POV:
This morning I am awakened by the sound of my alarm. I turn it off, take a cold shower to wake myself up and then go downstairs to have breakfast. On the way down I pass Chris and the twins who I talk to quickly before they go back upstairs to finish packing.

When I get to the kitchen, I run into Scarlett who I haven't really talked to alone since the restaurant incident. I go to the coffee machine and help myself then I go to sit opposite. Neither of us speaks and a very awkward silence settles between us.

"This situation is quite embarrassing" Scarlett admits, breaking the silence.
"Yes, I think so"
"I know I already told you at the same time as the others but I'm really sorry for what happened with Lydia".
"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Ashley. Now it doesn't matter because in a way you showed me who she really was" I explain to her reassuringly. "And then I can't forgive a person like that just because she has the same interests as me sometimes it's the opposite people that go better together" I add

"By opposite person, you mean Lizzie, right?" Scarlett asks me hesitantly
"I don't know, maybe" I answer vaguely
"I know it's none of my business, but why did you break up? She questions me again. "You always seem to have something, well that's my opinion" she adds with a nervous laugh
"That's a story for another day. But you should know that you will be the first to whom I will tell it if that can reassure you" I say to her with a smile before leaving the kitchen to prepare my things.

Around 8:30 am, everyone is ready and gathered in the living room. It remains only the cabs and Robbie to wait. 30 minutes later, the doorbell rings and Lizzie goes to the door. The door opens on a guy with brown eyes and short, black, slightly curly hair. Honestly, as much as I look at him, I don't see what Lizzie sees in him. Yes I know, I'm not very well placed to make this kind of remark since I'm gay but it's my opinion.

"Hello, my name is Robbie" he says looking at us one by one and walks over to each of us to shake our hands. When it's my turn, I can't help but give him a judgmental look and luckily for me the others didn't see me do it.

"Well, since the presentations are made, it is to go " Andrew launches feeling a certain tension coming from my part
"Since there are 9 of us, we'll make two groups" suggests Scarlett
"Chris, Scarlett, the twins and Y/n you go together in the first cab. Lizzie, Zoe, Robbie and I are going in the second one" Andrew announces.

I barely have time to protest when Chris and Scarlett grab my arms and drag me to the car.
"But you're going to let me go! I'm not a kid, I can walk to a car by myself" I complain
"Oh the little baby is going to calm down or it will be bad" Chris warns me, mocking
"Chris, I'm warning you, I'm not in the mood to laugh" I warn him
"Y/n, that's enough. Now get in the car", MK orders me.
"Yes mom" I answer, rolling my eyes.

Lizzie POV:
When Andrew decided on the groups, I was disappointed that I wasn't in Y/n's but I didn't say anything because Robbie was there. Y/n didn't look too happy because Chris and Scarlett dragged her to the car and MK ordered her to get in. Seeing this scene, a laugh escaped my mouth because no matter how old Y/n is, she still acts like a kid.

We arrived at the boat around 10:30am. I headed to the boat to get the keys and then we all got on and headed out on the water. While Y/n and Chris watched the sailing, each of us went to our cabins to stow our stuff. Of course I didn't tell Robbie that I rented the boat for the weekend because I didn't really want him to stay with us.

2 hours later, we arrived at the place I wanted. There were huge cliffs with several caves that we could venture into. The sun was beating down and reflecting on the water, making it look like there was diamonds under the water. The view was breathtaking. Nevertheless, we had to be careful because there was a lot of current.

"I suggest that we take the jet-skis out and go to the level of the caves" I suggest.
"That sounds pretty cool" agrees Y/n
"How many jet-skis do we have?" asks Ashley
"5 so as we are 9 it is good" I answer her
"It's going to be a mess again to make the duos" sighs Andrew
"Since there are 5 jet-skis, some will be alone. Who is willing to go alone on a jet-ski?" asks Zoe.
"I'll go by myself" replies Chris
"We'll go together" says the twins
"Zoe and I will be together" said Scarlett
"Lizzie and I will be together too" added Robbie.

Obviously like a fool, I didn't protest and at that moment I quickly regretted not having said anything because the look that Y/n gave me, made me feel even more guilty.

"Y/n, we're a team on this one" exclaimed Andrew.
"Yeah, I'm warning you, I'm the one who's going to go in front" she says before running towards the jet-skis.

Y/n POV:
I was happy to team up with Andrew but I would have preferred to be with someone else. Once on the water, I turn on the ignition and start the engine.
"Hey Chris, first one to the caves to win" I call out to him before launching myself at full power on the water.
"That's not fair, you're gone before" shouts Chris but his voice is quickly cut by the noise of the waves and the jet-ski.

After a few minutes, I arrive at the caves followed closely by Chris then the others arrive a few seconds later.
"I won" I tell him, taunting him.
"You cheated most of all" replies Chris.
"Well kids, let's go see those caves" says Ashley
"Yeah" we exclaim like children
"I think we'll have to hang the jet-skis on the rocks to avoid damaging them" suggests Robbie
"Yes, that's better" agrees Lizzie.

Once the jet-skis are attached, Chris and I are the first to venture into the cave, then we quickly disappear from the field of vision of the others.
"Y/n ! Chris ! Wait us !! " Zoe yells to us from the entrance of the cave. But we were too far to hear her. After several minutes of walking, Chris and I arrive in front of a rock wall, seeing that there are holds to climb, we went up. Arriving at the top, our discovery took our breath away, behind this wall was a huge water hole illuminated by sunlight coming through a hole in the top of the cliff. But that was not all, to the right was the wreck of an old ship, stranded on the rocks below the wall we were perched on.

Just as we were about to descend to the other side of the wall, we heard the others calling to us.
"Y/n!!!"
"Chris!!!"
"Y/n!!! Chris!!!"
"We're here! Up the stone wall!" I shout to them so they can hear me.

Scarlett and the twins are the first to arrive followed by Andrew and Zoe then Lizzie and Robbie unfortunately. Each in their turn, they went up to join us in the wall to admire our discovery.

"Well, we are not going to stay here, looking at this water hole for hours. Who comes with me, to have a look ? " I suggest
"Me" answers Chris.
"Me too" adds Andrew and Scarlett
"I guess we're coming too" say Zoe and Lizzie
"We'll stay here" say the twins and Robbie.

I have to admit that when Robbie said he was staying on the wall, a smile formed on the corner of my mouth. Each of us went to the other side of the wall. Then we headed for the wreckage of the boat.

————————————————————————
I would make and post a part 2 for this chapter because otherwise it might be too long