" Paromita..." hearing her name from a soft voice she slowly raised her head.

Sameer was taken aback, seeing her dull, gloomy face. She looked at him with lifeless red, puffy eyes. He almost cringed observing her bruised lips.

God! What did Adi do to her? The sign of his friend's violence and madness was still fresh on her body.

For a minute he felt a sudden gush of anger hitting her. He felt ashamed realising all of these were caused by his best friend. She was young. Probably of his sister's age and he couldn't even think that someone causing his sister so much pain.

His brotherly side unknowingly pushed him every time to save this young soul from his best friend. But Adi wasn't someone to listen to anyone's advice.

Still, he would talk with him.

" Umm. Come with me. I will drop you home." Sameer stated, not meeting her eyes.

Without uttering a word she stood up slowly and started walking towards the door like a robot.

Sameer gulped and followed her silently.

.........

" Adi...ouch!"

Sameer stopped entering Adi's room as soon as he felt a sharp pain in his foot. He couldn't see anything in the darkness.

Switching on the light he was stunned.

The room was a mess. Shattered broken things were scattered on the floor as if a tornado had passed through the apartment.

Sameer took out the piece of broken sharp glass from his feet.

Adi was sitting on the low armchair in the middle of the room. Two upper buttons of his shirt were opened. He kept twitching the liquor glass in his hand. His distressed state made his friend sigh.

" How was your date?"

Sameer asked him hoping to start a conversation. Even though he came here to give Adi a reality check he restricted himself from doing so seeing his disheveled state.

Without getting any answer he again asked...

" Where is your date?"

" Stop pretending like you just didn't drop her at her home," Adi said in a cold harsh voice.

" How did you know?" Sameer asked, surprised.

" Not important." Adi again gave a short cold reply.

Sighing, Sameer decided to come straight to the point.

" Why are you doing all this Adi? I thought you just wanted to sleep with her for once. That's too with her consent."

Adi chuckled upon hearing his question and stood up from his seat.

" You didn't get it. Did you?" He asked calmly.

" YOU ALL DON'T FUCKING GET IT HUH?! DO YOU!"

Adi shouted at the top of his voice, throwing the glass from his hold to the ground, breaking it into pieces.

" I told you already that I love her. Is it really that tough to put into your thick skull?

Do you think it was a silly joke? Tell me. Do I look like a joker to you?"

He kept his voice at the same level.

" Why her Adi? What makes her so special to you?"

Sameer asked again without losing his calmness.

" Her innocence." Adi lowered his voice remembering her.

She is infuriating, intoxicating. So fiery yet so vulnerable. Nobody has ever rejected me so boldly as her. Her emotions are as pure and raw as an infant's.

I have everything except that innocence. That's something alien to me. I thought it was a stupid myth until I met her. I never knew innocence can be this addicting. Now I crave it." He smiled lightly.

" Yes. I live for it." His words skillfully described his urgency.

" And before you again give me any useless advice...."

His face was back to his cold, serious one...

" I will destroy every barrier that will come between us. I will burn the whole town down and still won't stop until I make her mine." His voice thundered.

His eyes showing his determination.

" Now get out." Ordering his friend he again took his previous position on the armchair.

Resting his head backward he closed his eyes and drowned himself in her dreams....

Where she was already his and ONLY HIS.

•••••••••

Thank you so much all for staying connected with this book.

I love to read all your comments.❤️

I would love to hear from more readers. That surely makes me happy.🙈

Keep supporting. Thank you all.❤️