Chapter seven: A Tense Dinner of Eight

Taehyung woke up to the sound of the door opening, then loud voices chattering in the hallway. He inhaled noisily through his nose and groaned quietly, burying his face in Emily's hair. Emily was still sleeping on top of him, her body wrapped around him like she was a tree hugger and he was the tree. Taehyung pushed some of Emily's hair off of his face and looked up to see Jimin grinning down at him from behind the couch.

"Enjoying the show?" Taehyung asked huskily, his voice scratchy from sleep. He ignored the way Emily basically straddled him, trapping him on the couch.

Jimin laughed quietly, shaking his head. "While it looks enticing to see a plump ass on my friends lap, it must be uncomfortable to have her clinging onto you."

Taehyung shrugged as gently as he can, not wanting to disturb Emily. "She's not as heavy as Jungkook at least." Taehyung shifted on the couch, gently laying Emily down. He entangled himself from her, cooing softly as Emily whined in her sleep before hugging a pillow that he placed near her. He stood up and stretched, feeling some of his joints creak. "Is everyone home now?"

Jimin nodded, even though the door opened and revealed Namjoon walking in with heavy steps. He seemed more stressed, throwing his outer coat and jacket onto the ground without a care. Namjoon didn't even stop to greet Taehyung when he walked right into his room and closed the door. Yoongi walked in next, his eyes roving over the room before settling on the sleeping figure of Emily. He relaxed a little and walked up to Taehyung and Jimin, stuffing his hands into his pocket as he tried to act nonchalant. "How was it babysitting her?" Yoongi asked, nodding at the sleeping girl.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and went into the kitchen, hearing the two of them following him. "It was fine," he started, grabbing one of Emily's blood bags. "Seokjin hyung had an episode today. I asked Emily to make some bags." He gave the bag to Jimin, wanting him to try it out.

Yoongi hung back at the doorway, already knowing what Emily's blood tasted like. He let the two younger vampires have at it.

"I also fed from Emily." Taehyung said proudly, his smile radiant and his eyes shining a nearly bright red. "It was... It was amazing hyung!"

Before Yoongi could say anything, Seokjin bustled into the kitchen, Jungkook trailing behind with a bag of groceries. "Out of my kitchen boys! I'm making dinner." He said, pushing Taehyung especially. "I love y'all, but I'm making blood infused food for us, so I'm gonna be using some of Emily's bags. I can't have any of you lot stealing my ingredients."

Taehyung whined as he was kicked out of the kitchen, tugging Jimin out also. Yoongi stayed behind to help. Taehyung took Jimin to his room, closing the door as he began to unpack his luggage, talking about his experience drinking from Emily's wrist. Taehyung's eyes glowed brightly, remembering the taste and the way Emily looked as she was fed from, the right way. After finishing his story, Taehyung turned to his best friend and glared at him, preparing to scold him.

Jimin saw the look Taehyung gave him and rolled his head back. "Yes yes yes I know. 'You should be ashamed at what you did to her blah blah blah.' 'I can't believe you attacked her and then kidnapped her blah blah blah.' I know," Jimin slumped onto the bed, laying down face first. His words were muffled by the bed. "I know I'm a monster... I shouldn't have attacked her when she was already down. I shouldn't have taken her away from her home. I should've stopped Hobi hyung. I could've done anything but what I did that night.... But I can't change the past Tae."

Taehyung sighed softly and sat down on the bed. He placed a hand on Jimin's back, rubbing slightly. "I know... But look on the bright side, we have our mate. We finally have a permanent blood donor... And a soulmate. She's real. We can truly start being happy." Taehyung said, rubbing Jimin's back.