Prologue: Emily

Emily was 13 years old when her mother died. That's her bloodmate age at least. In human years, Emily would be around 65 years old. Her mother was a human who gave birth to her at age 19, and her father was 25. Her father died when they celebrated Emily's 7th vampire birthday. Her father died of old age, while her mother was taken due to a complication in a surgery. Emily had a younger sister who then took care of her. Her sister was born two human years after she was born. By the time their mother died, her sister was in her 40s and has a wife and adopted son. Her sister took care of her until Emily turned around 17, a legal age for bloodmates to be on their own. By then she had a job and an extensive amount of money from living for so long. Emily began the journey of taking care of her remaining family members; her sister, her sister in law, and their son. Their son moved out and she was left taking care of the two elderly women.

Her sister and wife both died on the same night. Emily was 22, or 110 years old. They both died of old age and in their sleep. Emily doesn't really know what happened to her nephew, he probably moved to a different country and lived his life before passing away. At her age and the amount of years she has lived, Emily wasn't saddened by their deaths anymore.

After a few months of living in the same small town in America, Emily moved to her parents home country of New Zealand. Something compelled her to be there. So in 2009, she moved there and began living alone. Emily had a small little cottage like house in the country side, away from the busy cities. She ran a cute little cafe that had a sheep farm next to her. The farmer was an elderly vampire, who only came out at night. Emily and a few workers would wash and feed the sheep in the day for the old man.

Life was a bit plain for Emily. She'd wake up, eat breakfast, bask in the morning sunlight, before heading out to the cafe to open up shop. After working from 9-4/5, she'd get food from a small restaurant on the way home and eat while looking at the setting sun. She repeated this routine for 2(10) years.

Emily was now 24 years old, and that's when things began taking a journey. And it all started one sunny winter day.