Chapter three: The Last Wintery Summer Day

It has been five days since Emily last saw the group of idols. She would anxiously wait at work, knowing that the little note that man Jimin gave her sat heavily in her pocket. Emily's soulmate marks never faded or returned back to their usual color, the one on her wrist started to turn purple and blue, causing her to wear sleeves to work. She even found out that she had started the mating process with someone else, the mark on her neck was the same bruised purple and blue. Emily doesn't know who claimed that mark though.

On the fifth day of no show, Emily all but gave up. She assumed that the Jimin guy rejected her, making Emily feel upset. She called Hazel early in the morning and told her that she didn't feel good, so she stayed home that day. Emily stayed in her bed, curled up as she silently cried. Her heart felt heavily, and her mind was plagued with thoughts. Eventually, Emily fell asleep in the middle of the day, her dreams plagued with images of seven vampires who kept leaving her.

Further south, the group of vampires were finishing the last of their interviews. Their last episode finished with individual interviews from each member, all of them speaking about the beautiful scenery and the many activities they did together. Yoongi watched as his only hyung, Seokjin, finished his interview, smiling as he successfully distracted him.

"Yah! Yoongi-ah." Seokjin screeched playfully, pushing Yoongi lightly. "Leave me be. C'mon shoo."

Inside the house, Namjoon and Jungkook had Hoseok and Jimin pinned on their beds, eyes glowing bright red as they growled at the two vampires. As soon as the film crew began putting away their cameras and mics, the two members began to restlessly pack, their vampiric speed beginning to show. The two members struggled with keeping up appearance and spirits.

Hoseok, who started his bonding process earlier than Jimin, was getting paler by the day. He began losing the sparkle in his brown eyes. Some days, Hoseok forgot to do his skincare routine, which worried the members greatly. Hoseok would snap at the young vampires more often, even getting toe to toe with Namjoon a few days ago.

Jimin was holding up more better than his sunshine hyung. He began losing some of his color too, and some weight. Jimin still managed to keep his emotions in check, still playful and funny as he interacted with the others. But once all their luggage were away and the film crew left, Jimin pushed Jungkook away from him, his eyes glowing bright. "Let me go! Please I need to see her."

In the other room, Hoseok let out a scary growl and threw Namjoon to the wall. Like a panther ready to strike, Hoseok jumped off of the bed and ran out of the house, looking like a blur of light as he raced out. Their manager, who was inside the house the whole time, stared at the open door, his eyes wide in shock. Another blur passed by him, causing the front door to slam close.

Jungkook and Namjoon raced up the stairs to the living room, their eyes bright red in fear.

Their manager Subin, looked at Namjoon, backing up slightly as he saw the red eyes. "N-Namjoon..." He said, looking at Jungkook and then Namjoon.

Namjoon looked at his manager, watching as the human backed away from him, afraid and shocked and confused. He knew that he looked like a wreck; eyes red, fangs popped out, his clothes rumpled and some bruises on his face from when he collided with the wall.

Jungkook had a nasty bruise on his cheek that was beginning to heal, his lip busted from when Jimin smashed his phone into the strong maknae's face. His eyes were glowing red and teary.

"M-manager hyung, I can explain..." Namjoon said softly, slowly approaching him like he was trying to confront a scared animal.

Subin backed away further, trembling in fear as he stared at his once favorite member. "D-don't come near me. You can talk to me from there... Now tell me what the fuck is happening right now." Subin demanded, trying to gain control of the situation. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me that you are a... A fucking vampire."