Chapter 39

TW : Mature content

We walked down still hand in hand but as soon as we made it to the dinning room door he let go. I knew he would and I knew why but it still made me a bit sad. I quickly shook off the feeling as we entered the dining room.

Lucius and Narcissa were both sitting there in silence waiting. As soon as we walked in, Narcissa's face lit up with joy. "Lara, it's so nice to finally meet you." She said as she embraced me with a big hug. I was a bit taken aback but hugged her back quickly.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs Malfoy. Draco has told me so much about you."

"Oh please, call me Narcissa. Mrs Malfoy makes me feel like an old lady." I laughed genuinely. I could see where Draco gets his kind heart from.

"Narcissa." A stern masculine voice came from the end of the table. She looked back and her smile dropped slightly.

"Yes, come on dinner's nearly ready, please sit down." She gestured at two seats next to her.

As soon as we sat down, house elves appeared with food on a plate, one for each of us. I was starving but I didn't let myself eat like a crazed animal because that would not be a good impression.

"So Larissa, you're a half-blood." Lucius said, peering his eyes at me. I could see out of the corner of my eye Draco's hand tighten around his knife and fork but his eyes stayed glued on his food. "Your father is Serverous Snape and your mother is..." He wanted me to carry on.

I looked up at him confidently, not giving him the satisfaction. "Dead, my mother is dead and yes I am a half-blood" I said emotionless, staring him down. I knew he didn't like me and I certainly didn't like him but I didn't let him get to me.

"Pity" He scoffed knowing he hadn't got me. I turned my attention back to my food, proud of myself for not cracking. You could cut the tension in this room with a knife it was so thick.

Of course it was Narcissa and her bubbly personality who broke it. "So Lara, tell me what is your favourite subject at school." My heart sank a little at the mention of school not knowing when I would get to go back.

I smiled at her. "Probably Charms class, I love learning new spells." It was nice to have a normal conversation and pretend that my life wasn't falling apart. I wasn't lying but there was another reason charms was my favourite class and that's because I sit next to Draco. My mind laughed at the memories of that one time me and Draco performed the Astrictus charm and I stuck him to the table because I was so mad at him. And that other time where I teased him with my stockings. Times have changed so drastically since then.

Dessert quickly came as the conversation progressed. It was mainly me and Narcissa making conversation but Draco participated every now and again. Lucius however stayed silent the whole time.

"Well it was a very nice meal, I hope you and Draco will join us again sometime." She asked nicely.

"Mother." Draco warned before I cut in.

"We would love to." I say rubbing Draco's thigh making him stop talking. I obviously rubbed a bit high considering he straightened his back and adjusted himself. I had to stop myself from laughing, I forgot how much power I have over him.

He gave me a knowing look. I gulped.

"I think Lara is a bit tired, we'll be getting an early night if that's okay with you." He grabbed my hand before dragging me in a rush out as subtly as he could.

"Thank you again." I said as I passed Narcissa. She gave me one last smile before we were both out of the room and running up the stairs. "Draco what are you doing, that looked so suspicious." I said as we made it to the top of the stairs.