Chapter 35

Tonight was the night, the night when the death eaters would come to Hogwarts and Draco would have to...I physically gaged at the thought...would have to kill Dumbledore making his pure soul not so pure. I was sitting on Draco's bed whilst he was pacing the floor.

I hopped off the bed and walked up to him. "Draco, it's going to be fine." I said as I stroked his arm. Even though I think I was trying to convince myself more than him.

He scoffed."Fine, it's going to be anything far from fine." He said, flailing his arms in the air. "I have to...to...to kill someone." He said, dropping his eyes. My heart broke for him, he didn't deserve this.

"Whatever happens I will be there standing beside you ready to pick up the pieces." At this Draco's eyes shot up filled with worry.

"What no way you're coming. You're gonna stay right here where it's safe." He argued

"No way Draco, I helped you fix the cabinet. I'm not just gonna sit here and do nothing." I retorted back.

"I shouldn't have even let you help me in the first place, but there is no way in hell am I letting you help me with this. This is for me to do, and besides death eaters like Bellatrix are gonna be there. Do you know how deranged she is? She will kill you intensely if she sees you." He rambled.

"I don't care. If you're putting yourself in that much danger then I want to be there." I don't know why I'm so adamant to come. This is everything my father has told me not to do in the past two years. Stay away from Draco, he is connected to the Dark Lord.

What can I say, love does weird things to you.

He grabbed the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Lara." he said in a desperate tone. "Please stay here, it's going to be hard enough to kill Dumbledore but if I know your out of harm's way it's just one less thing to worry about." He begged.

I didn't say anything, I knew I was being selfish wanting to come with him. "Fine." I sighed after a while.

"Promise you will stay here." He looked me straight in the eyes.

"I promise."

He then kissed me and I kissed back straight away. He wrapped his strong arms around me pulling me as close as possible. We stayed like that for a long time drinking each other's presence not wanting to let go, kissing each other like it was the last kiss we would ever share, and for some reason it felt like that. After tonight everything will change.

We pulled apart breathlessly wanting to stay in this moment forever but we both knew that couldn't happen.

"I have to go." He breathed, still touching my forehead.

"I don't want you to." Tears started to pool my eyes ready to fall.

"Me either, but I have to, I'm sorry."

"I love you so much, no matter what happens tonight. I will never stop loving you." I confessed needing him to remember that.

A smile pulled at his lips. "I love you too, till the world's end." With that he let me go and walked out the door. I let myself go and fell to the floor, tears streaming down my face. I felt like tonight was the end. Everything was about to change.

****************

It had been around an hour since Draco had left although it felt like an eternity. I had been sitting on his bed staring at the same spot on the wall the entire time having an internal battle with myself whether I should stay or go. I know I promised him to stay but I couldn't take it anymore. It was eerily quiet, too quiet. I couldn't take it anymore. I was going mad.