"Yeah, I'll be back tomorrow. I spent the day at at the agency. I need to show you guys something."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

BlackLight

"What is it?", Hiral asks as the four of us head into The Core of BlackLight and into the tech wing where I see Raven working on the upgraded technology.

Raven looks up and puts her glasses down heading to us.

"We got a new shipment of technology and materials from China", she explains as she walks to the clear table and all of us huddle around.

"The technology is incredible, something H.E.X.A doesn't have and can't steal because it's only in our factories in China. This is the perfect weapon to use against them and catch them in the act of hacking and stealing confidential information from us."

"Are you sure it's enough, Raven?", Tejasswi responds, brown furrowing.

"Well, with brand new technology, a strategized plan and our trained agents, I think we have a pretty good chance at getting out of this mission with an A+."

Raven continues, brunette ponytail moving. "This mission affects BlackLight as a family, because H.E.X.A will now use our materials to cause harm and the after effects will be blamed on us."

"The equipment looks great, but you are talking as if we are preparing for a nearby attack", 

Himanshu speaks, dark eyes examining the steel machinery in front of us.

"Tejasswi", Raven says, looking at Tejasswi.

My brows furrow.

What does she mean by "Tejasswi?"

Just then Tejasswi clears her throat.

"Uhm, I got a phone ca- more like video call from H.E.X.A ."

"What? When?" My voice blurts out immediately after, not being given the chance to process her words.

"Yesterday, before you came. It was their Boss, and she called me to warn me."

"Warn you of what, Teju?", Hiral asks.

"She says they will attack, and to stay vigilant."

"What? That could mean anytime we need to be prepared."

"What else did she say?", I ask, pressing on this topic.

"She seemed..insecure to be honest", she sighs. "She's using our hard work to benefit her and now wants to almost go to war between two agencies for our OWN research. But above that she didn't show her face, I mean she wore a mask "

"That's child's act. We can defeat them easily", Himanshu speaks.

Tejasswi's eyes go serious. "That's what I thought, but I think they want more than our work. They want all of the good parts of our agencies to benefit theirs."

I understand her quickly. "So you're saying they will fight hard, meaning we may need to prepare for a war when it could just be a battle. And that's if we train well."

She gulps and nods.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

5:00pm

We finish our meeting, calling Boss and keeping him up to date.
I'll need to meet him soon.

I linger at the agency, catching up with Himanshu when I see her figure move through my peripheral.

Himanshu notices my focus. "Go talk to her, man. She's been a bit stressed with this mission."
I nod, a little concerned for her.

I head to her, as she rubs her hands over her face.

"Hey", I say removing her hands from her face with my own hands.
The gesture surprises us both, her eyes widening a bit.

I let go feeling self- conscience. "You alright?"

"Yeah, tired."

I notice her eyes, which are a little more darker than before but don't look too bad.

Probably covered by concealer.

"Why don't you go take a nap?"

She sighs. "No, I can't. I have homework then training-"

"Take a nap first. You will feel better then", I rub her shoulders with my hands.

She closes her eyes and shakes her head, her head almost falling on my chest but she catches herself.

Wish she didn't.

"Come on, Tejasswi. Let me take you home."

She shakes her head. "No it's okay."

The way she says it tugs at my heart.

Her eyes then land on both of my hands.

"When did you get tattoos?"

I look down at my hands, each knuckle covered by meaningful black ink.

"I went to our agency in Beijing, met a guy there who worked part-time at a tattoo store. We became friends and he did them for me", I responded voice low and quiet.

I watch her eyes as they gaze over my tattoos with a gleam of....fondness?

Did she like tattoos?

I'll have to get more then.

I push her shoulders towards me, inching her closer.

"Don't tire yourself out with all this."

She lifts her head to me and I can tell she's tired.

"You can't say that. You can't say that when you left for three weeks and weren't here to see me handle home, school, and this agency. And the fact that-"

She stops mid-sentence.

"That what?"

She shakes her head.

"No tell me."

"Tejasswi", I gently urge her to speak but she shakes her head and leaves my grasp to grab her bag.

"I'm fine. I'm prepared for hardships like these."

She slings the backpack over her bag, and it reminds me of how much baggage spies like us carry.

Our life and profession is in secrecy, and we don't trust just anyone.

Heck, some of us don't even trust at all.

This mission hit home for Tejasswi, I realize.

Her Boss, Reyansh, then her school, it's like they want to release her identity.

I feel my body freeze in realization.

Identity.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey Pretty Peeps,

Hope you liked this chapter. More fun coming up.

I would like to know your guesses for the VILLIAN of the story  ;)

Do shower your love, comments and votes on this one until I decide to upload the next one.

~Lots of Love