xxii.

UNEDITED

HERES A LONG CHAPTER!!! COMMENTS PLS

Monday: Five Days before the Gallery Opening.

Melinda:

"Good morning, love bugs! How are we today?" Amelia asked cheerfully. Both Maya and I groaned, us being up late trying to calm Avery down who was convinced that there was a monster at her window. She woke up every hour after that, screaming to the point where we had her sleep in our bed for the three hours that remained before we had to get up for work.

"Sheesh..periods?"

"Just finished like two weeks ago." I responded causing Maya to agree considering we had sunk up.

"Okay, well we have to go and visit the venue and make sure everything is put together. So let's go." Amelia grinned as she grabbed her stuff, causing Maya and I to sigh as we passed each other our coffee and walking behind our boss.

The drive in the limo consisted of mimosas and Amelia talking about the vacation that she was planning to take after the gallery opening. I just nodded my head, my eyes drooping from exhaustion.

"We're here!"

Maya and I walked into the plaza hand in hand, looking around at the pieces that were put together. They were all covered so damage could be avoided, but I saw a huge piece front and center against the large wall that I wasn't aware of.

"What's this?" I asked as I walked over to the large canvas that was covered in a white sheet.

"A last minute admission." Amelia responded as she walked over and stood next to me.

"That means it's not in the catalogue."

"Don't worry about that." Amelia chuckled causing me to turn and look at her with skepticism. She shrugged and walked off, and I watched as Maya spoke to one of the coordinators.

"Is everything okay?" I asked as I grabbed her hand.

"Yeah, I wanted to make sure none of my stuff was destroyed, and also did some checks for you because I know you're tired." She grinned as she handed me the checklist.

"You just want that pussy ate, huh?" I whispered as I kissed her cheek.

"Maybe.." She responded back causing me to smirk before kissing her lips.

"Alright, whores. Let's get back to the office."

"Whew, I'm so tired.." I yawned as I washed the dishes. The rest of the day consisted of us sending out the rest of the invites as well as helping Amelia sort out the catering order for the event. We were exhausted, but we made sure to cater to Avery first. We've been doing daily hair masks on her head, and today Maya offered to help with her homework while I took a quick nap., which then turned to all three of us taking a nap.

"Me too..she's asleep, let's hope she stays asleep."

"Yeah, that was so out of the ordinary. She's never had a problem with that, before." I responded as I rubbed my eyes. Maya sighed, but we both jumped as we heard a loud scream come from upstairs. We both ran up the stairs and Avery screamed, Maya gasping as we saw a dark figure move away from her window.

"What the fuck?!" I screamed as I grabbed my phone and dialed 911, Maya trying to console a distraught Avery who was crying from fear. I yelled into the phone, the operator explaining that there were units on the way to check out what was going on.

"He was standing right there! Just staring straight at her!" Maya exclaimed as she held Avery, the police looking out the window as the others patrolled the house.