Chapter 86

sorry it took so long to get this to you!

i've had uni deadlines and also a broken finger and a dislocated finger (on separate hands) so it's been hard haha

hope you all enjoy! you votes and comments are appreciated. i will be replying to any and all <3

some big news is announced in this chapter too! it might hurt a few of you (lil warning haha)

~***~

Zara ended up staying with me for the entire duration that I was in the UK. She was a little surprised by how little work Max and I had to prepare the twins' room - everything was still unassembled, in boxes, and potential swatches of paint lines the once white walls. As Zara had rightly pointed out, it felt more like an office than a space for children to grow up, and so together we spent our time decorating. She had an artistic side to her, one that was shown in the intricately painted flowers on three of the four walls of the square room. On the other one, she used the pale orange paint to cover the whole surface, and then used a white and black to create a race track that ran from one side to the other. A part of me was tempted to ask her to paint mine and Max's room, but that would've been asking too much. All in all, I was happy to know that our kids were going to grow up with a piece of their biological mother, even if it was in something as small as the paint on the walls. I couldn't wait to see Max's reaction - it saved him a job to do in-between his busy schedule and looked amazing.

With circles under my eyes big and dark enough to be mistaken for an incoming storm, I tearfully bid Zara farewell and boarded Lewis's private jet to Malaysia. Flying commercial to such a highly-anticipated Grand Prix wasn't really an option. For one, everything was either sold out or would cost me more than what I was paying Lewis to borrow his plane, and secondly, the thought of being recognised and bombarded with questions was enough to make the bitter taste of vomit rise in the back of my mouth. The plane was due to land a little before midday on Thursday, meaning that I wouldn't miss out on any media duties (unfortunately).

I had been completely off social media ever since posting that video of myself. I turned off news notifications so I didn't have the urge to check if there was a response from my anonymous enemy. I had set my phone to 'Do Not Disturb', only responding to messages from Max and Lizzie, who was still standing in as my media and PR manager. Lizzie seemed to be less cold towards me in her messages which was a indication that she had probably seen my video. Maybe it will help people understand, but maybe it's made everything so much more complicated.

"Lys," my name slipped through Max's lips as we tightly embraced. He had been waiting right outside of security and greeted me with a large smile. My right cheek was pressed firmly against his chest and my arms were locked around him; I didn't want to let go. We had only been apart for a few days but it had been a challenging time. "God, I've missed you."