03. Love at First Sight

Start from the beginning

I was uncomfortable under his watchful eye.

"Come here" he then sat up on the sofa, making me realize just how tall he actually was. He had to be 6ft, at least.

I walked over and sat down on the other edge of the sofa. I heard a sigh come out of his mouth, as he moved closer to me, making my body heat up. I hadn't talked to a boy other than Phoenix and his brothers, but they were like family.

I wasn't sure about this new boy.

"What's your name?" he questioned, putting his book down on the table in front of the two of us, while he continued to look at me, but not as creepily as before.

I mean, I did stare at him before, but I analysed his features.

"Thalia" if I had said my last name, he probably would have run for the hills, as would any sane person. Most people think that my siblings are protective, but they are quiet the opposite.

If they could leave me on the side of the road while I die out, they would literally do it within a second. "That's a pretty name. Greek, I suppose?" he continued, drawing me back to him.

Now that I was closer, I saw how his eyes were two different colours, one was a dark green while the other was a deep blue. His eyes were so captivatingly beautiful, it was hard to not look at them.

It was like he had been crafted from a Greek God, in my opinion, but I didn't really have much knowledge in Greek gods.

"Thanks. What's your name?" I continued, as the two of us just stared at one another. I wasn't sure if I was swooning or not. This was all very complicated for me at this moment.

"Elijah" his name suited him perfectly. He seemed quite soft, which was the absolute opposite to Phoenix, who would bring fire with him if he could.

"Italian?" which he just nodded to, as he bowed his head slightly. This got me concerned. It was like the mention of his nationality made him want to be anything but that.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, not sure what to do for someone who was sad. No one had ever comforted me when I was upset, so I didn't know how to reciprocate it.

Elijah didn't get the chance to respond to my question, as the door was roughly opened, as the sound of sloppy and passionate kissing was heard. I dared to turn and look at the two people, noticing that it was one of my brothers with another girl.

Elijah and I looked at one another, before we quietly dashed towards one of the corners in the room, that had a curtain. We slipped behind it, being the first thing, we could think of without being caught.

I didn't realize the close proximity till I could feel Elijah's chest lifting up and down, rapidly, from behind me. If my brothers ever caught me, they would surely call me a slut, or that I was unlike my other sisters, who were, what some would say, sluts.

They had a new man in their bed every second night, while my brothers had their rooms filled with women every night.

They were hypocrites if I had ever known one.

I cringed as I heard the sound of moans and the zips of dresses. This was beyond disgusting. I felt a hand brush my own, turning me around to face Elijah. Whenever I was staring into his eyes, it was like I was lost.

I could get lost in those eyes for days on end.

"Can I?" he questioned in a whisper, as he brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear, grabbing my chin in a light grip, as he bent down a little. I didn't even consider it as an option, as I too, leant in.