25. 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖘.

Previously

Previously...

"So you're holding me here prison until you want me to leave? Is that how this works? You keep me prison while you let Max fend for himself? Hasn't he gone through enough! Isn't he worth saving? Or does he have to suffer every time that he gets into combat?" Charles shouts angrily at the gods.

•••

"A warrior doesn't learn how to fight when he's getting rescued. I am merci-..." Odin speaks before Charles cuts him off and glares at the god.

"That is not merciful! That's torture for a man that has never had it ever easy once in his life! You're his god so you have seen the things that they have done to Max! You know what torture I'm talking about, you know the pain he has suffered when no one came to safe him or comfort him! He was so many time in need of a god, but you were never there! But you know what's the most fucked up about that? Is that he doesn't even blame you for allowing the people of your culture suffer at the hands of Reykvikians like that!" Charles shouts at the god, fuming with anger.

Odin is about to speak up before Charles holds his finger up to the glowing celestial man that has all the powers in the world and yet elects to ignore the suffering of his people when Reykvikians do come for torture and pain.

"That my god watches on how my people get tortured and raped has been obvious since the day that he came to exist but you! You actually have merci for people that come to pray to you for small things! Why turn your back on people when they get tortured, imprisoned and raped by that folk that you could do something about! Isn't that a bit controversial? Because nothing could happen to you but i have to watch that man break in even more pieces each time someone tortures him or rapes him because he isn't invincible because an injury could leave him weak! I don't know if you have seen Max when he got back home but that was a man that was broken and tortured beyond humanly possible! He looked like he was only holding on because people needed him to protect them! He's only alive because people need him to otherwise Holland is doomed! He's alive because he has no option but to move on and take on whatever life seems to throw at him despite that when he has a beer too many he looks broken, it's a good thing he is good at hiding his emotions from his people otherwise they would know how broken their chief is and yet you sit here and do nothing but educate me on what i am! I don't need education, i had figured that shot out by myself but do something about those Reykvikians! Like you punished the Hollandians for cutting those trees with a blizzard!" Charles takes a breath to stop his chest from heaving more and him fainting from going on a tantrum speech.

He looks at the three gods sitting in the chairs, Odin doesn't seem to show any form of emotions while Loki seems to be smirking and grinning like a cat. While Thor looks amused and impressed at the boy.

"I'm not trying to have you hate me for my speech and tone of speaking! But i am so done watching my viking waking up in the middle of the night thinking he's in a Reykvikian cell getting tortured and raped! I'm done looking at the dull and broken eyes of the man i love the most! How many more people have to go through that before you wake up and realise that you might do a lot for us but not in the way that is the most important! You still allow is to get hurt! You care for us, that's obvious but you show it in moments we don't need it the most! When we need it you're not there and you might think otherwise because it's way of life but that's not how i see it! As a god i would think that you are the one that is responsible for us having a great time on earth! That you got this position to protect us when we don't deserve the hell that we get! I lost my home country, my godfather and good friend to people who found pleasure in hurting others! How is it fair that we have to go through so much pain for what? Don't we deserve the kindness and respect as vikings because we follow your rules and care for nature! For so long i had pitied myself for losing everyone i love but i needed to only hear Max's childhood story to realise that i have been lucky! That my isolation had been my saviour from things that could have happened but did happen to others. To Max for example, every story that i have heard about Max is nothing but torture or pain, rape or abuse. I don't think there has been a day that Max has had it easy! Don't we deserve that kind of protection?" Charles ends his rant to the god.