13. 𝕽𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖊.

"The answer is no, Max! You're the fucking chief, you can't go out on a solo mission on revenge!" Jos shouts at the stubborn mule of a son that Max is

Charles can't coherent what had happened in the last couple of weeks. He is still confused of what had happened since that talk that Jos and Max had while Charles was in the room, feeling bad that he was there and a bit of like he was intruding. But since the attack on Haarlem, Max had been quite protective of him.

"They killed half a village! A good friend and a part of our family! They're getting daring and more bold! We need to show our dominance otherwise they will walk right over us!" Max argues back with his father.

He had still been processing the loss of Anthoine and Dakota before Max had jumped him with the idea of revenge. Charles had wanted anything but revenge, he had even tried to talk Max out of it. But it had all fallen on a pair of a deaf man's ears. Which was annoying and was driving Charles insane.

"No! You aren't going anywhere! It's out of the question!" Jos disagrees upon his sons crazy scheme.

In that moment Charles had wanted to grab Max by the fur on his shoulders and lock him in his house to keep him safe from himself. No one was crazy enough to do what Max had planned. And yet he had followed through with it.

"How many of our people need to die before we do something! That attack was a declaration of war, I'm not gonna sit around and wait for more of our people to die! I believe we need to show them not to mess with us vikings!" Max shouts at his father, pushing his had through his hair.

If Jos only had known that that argument was useless in Max's eyes and would do what he thought was the best anyway. If anyone knew one thing about Max was that he wasn't a man to sit and wait for more things to happen. He would take the problem head on and stop it before more bad things could happen.

"As much as I want to agree with you, going on a solo mission to Reykvik is not the answer." Jos tries to reason with his son, hand running over his face as he sighs at his son.

Charles had to give Max some credit for the scheme that he had concocted in his head. Not that he would ever tell him that he found it brave and yet stupid at the same time. Had he only tried to stop him from doing it. Then he wouldn't be here, sitting with his brothers in the living room of Max's house, wondering what could have been different.

"Then what is? Get an entire army ready and march in there? You know I know that dungeon like the back of my hand! You know I can take down a fucking army on my own and get home. You know that. Then why bring innocent people in this if I can do it alone." Max tells his father begging almost.

Charles had wished at this point that he hadn't let Max sneak out in the dead of the night. He had heard the viking leave and yet he didn't think much of it other then the Hollandian needing some fresh air probably after another nightmere.