12 𝕮𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖟𝖟𝖆𝖗𝖉.

Lorenzo, Charles and Arthur had been sitting in front of the fire pit

Lorenzo, Charles and Arthur had been sitting in front of the fire pit. A cold blizzard had started raging outside the house, shaking the frame of the building that they had taken shelter in. The coldness was slowly settling into their bones. While the snow piles up endlessly.

Charles looks at the wall for a second, his eyes meet the shrine that Max had let made for Dakota. The wolf that had protected Charles so many times.

Charles had watched Max walk out of the door this morning to fetch them some food as this blizzard could last for a while. The raging storm makes everything very dark with the piling up snow. Charles has been shivering for hours now while reading a good book from his home country.

Charles had been having nightmares about that day that he lost his friend and Dakota. They have been reliving memories. The scene of Anthoine and Dakota dying on repeat would go through his mind. He can't keep the memories from repeating in his head.

His nightmares had all blamed him for their deaths, the big frame of Max had pinned him to the wall before telling him how much he hates him and blames him for being so weak that he had let his wolf and friend die just to safe his weak and pathetic ass. Charles knows that Max may not have said those words out loud, but he knows that Max feels that way.

In the last couple of days Max has been rarely home. He was either always out in the blizzard, hunting for food. His hair would always be completely filled with ice and snow. A beard had formed on the Hollandian man's face as he didn't shave or really ate the food that he hunted. Like he was only mere a shell of a man.

Arthur had asked what was going on with him. He even directly asked Max that question before the Hollandian had sighed and told him not to worry about him. That he's a viking and that this was their way of dealing with grief.

Jos had checked up on the four of them once in a while, but he only ever found the three princes. Charles told Jos every time that Max was out hunting and would only be home for a moment around dinner time. Jos nodded his head and told Charles that he would be fine and most likely spending his time in the secret hot water spring.

"I'm going to see if I can find Max." Charles says before the door opens.

They all look up to see Max dragging a deer into the house, blood and snow get dragged over the wooden floor. The three princes look as Max grabs knife and drives it through the carcass.

Charles looks away before he gets up on his feet. He desperately wants to help Max with dealing all of this. Arthur and Lorenzo say something about going to their bedroom to do something that Charles didn't catch.

He walks over to Max who doesn't say anything to the two leaving princes and keeps cutting of limbs and what not with a butcher knife. Charles jumps at the swing of the butcher knife detaching the head from the body. He gulps down a bile of vomit, using his hand to stop it from coming out.