16. 𝕴𝖓𝖏𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊.

As the party goes on deep into the night, most people drinking ale and something that Charles had learned gets only brewed here in Holland named beer

As the party goes on deep into the night, most people drinking ale and something that Charles had learned gets only brewed here in Holland named beer. Drunkenly dancing around the campfire while chanting in Hollandian an old folklore tale.

The food is piled on top of each other on big wooden tables at the side. Most are eating like pigs and covered in food. Everything that the vikings know of in terms of food is there. All someone's heart could wish for is there, more then they could ever eat.

Happy face are everywhere to be found, most are because of the alcohol that these vikings had consumed. But some were just that way, the party had started a long time ago and yet. When the moon was at its highest peak. Were they still parting like they were planning on never to go back home.

Charles couldn't bring himself to party and dance like others. The loss and all that had happened in his life still spooking in his mind. He can't help but want to cry and wish upon millions of stars that this has to he a nightmare since he doesn't want to live without Max or any other person he has lost.

Lando had come to sit next to him, they hadn't spoken since the beginning of the party. Lando being in the same mood of not being in the mood of partying as Charles because to Lando, Max was his friend friend that he ever made when he got to Holland.

Some people were just partying to keep their minds of the war that they had endured, the pain and loss that they had undergone. The horrifying things that they saw and how Reykvikians didn't care if they were men or women, they raped everyone. Which had been the common topic upon the most horrifying thing they had witnessed had been.

But whatever Charles did, he could drink to his heart's content. He wouldn't be able to forget Max's death because even drunk, his mind couldn't let it go. His brothers had disappeared in the crowd and here and there they could have been seen making out with someone. Or chatting to others.

Charles couldn't help but overhear the conversation between Carlos, Daniel and Jos. Mostly about the sightings of Reykvikians in the country. It had been rather quiet for a while now.

"Not a single letter states that they had seen one. It's like someone had scared them off." Daniel comments.

Jos hums at the boy. Charles turns to Jos who gives him a curt nod and a smile. As if he knows that Charles is listening but doesn't mind that he does.

"I heard a rumour that the king got attacked but no one wants to say by who. But everyone in Reykvik has gotten the order not to cross the border with Holland. Something about not upsetting us." Carlos butts in.

"Odd. Those Reykvikians aren't scared of anything." Jos comments thinking.

Charles hums. "Wasn't it Max's plan to infiltrate the Reykvikian castle?" Charles says which has the three man look at him.

Jos nods his head, for a moment Charles feels a little bit of hope in his heart. That Max could maybe still be alive since if that rumour was true. But he knows that it's highly unlikely for it to be.