20. 𝕳𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌.

"For the last time, why an I here? I can't even fight

"For the last time, why an I here? I can't even fight." Charles breaks the silence as the group walks through the forest.

Max had decided that teaching Charles hunting and survival skills in the woods would benefit him some day in the future. Which Charles doubts since he can barely even care for himself in that manner. He can cook, clean, sew and look pretty. But that's it!

The group that Max took out for hunting consists of Max, of course, Pierre, Daniel, Carlos, Alex and Checo. If you don't count Charles along with them. The others didn't have to come, Lando, who is pregnant most definitely didn't, but George, Lance, Esteban and his brothers didn't have to come along. Since they were all more weaker and housewives then fighters.

"You're the chief's intended, it's customs here to know how to fight yourself. Mostly in a country like this. What if you winder around on a walk, suddenly! You see a bear, you will need to know what to do." Pierre tells his friend.

Charles sighs but looks in front of him, he did find out that he can swing a sword fairly well. Not good enough for combat but Max did tell him that it was good enough to protect himself. Which was all that Charles needed to know.

Ange happily skips around them, enjoying the morning air of the forest and disappears here and there between the trees. Only to jump back up from underneath a massive pile of snow. Being a very happy wolf, which makes Charles happy himself.

Percival or how Charles had nicknamed the tiny wolf, Percy. He had been too small and young to come along on any of these trips. Max allows the wolf pup to come along in town and stuff like that but he keeps his wolf strictly inside for safety.

"But I'm destined to be a pretty face. I'm destined to have babies, not learn how to hunt. I can't even kill an animal!" Charles whines out in disbelief.

Max falls into step with his lover, grabbing his hand and giving it a comforting squeeze. Charles learned how affectionate Max is over the last five days, always checking up on him and showing him he loves him. Max still sleeps on Charles his stomach and wrapping his arms around the prince's waist.

"Doesn't matter who or what you are, destiny doesn't control your life. You do, so only you get to decide your destiny. And at this moment, we're not teaching you how to hunt, just to survive and see where your skills in all of this are. Everyone is good at something. Maybe sword fighting isn't your speciality. Mine is archery." Max says calmly, leading the group through the forest.

"But you can hit a speeding bird!" Charles cries out before huffing.

He feels powerless, like he can't decide if he is gonna know this or not. He doesn't even like being stealthy, or finding the need to kill animal. He can't even kill a spider in their own home for crying out loud! How does Max want him to learn hunting.

"You don't know how many years of practice went over that. I choose to master every weapon, so I feel stronger and know I can protect my people. But I'm far more skilled with a sword. Maybe archery is your thing, but you will never know unless you give it a try. Trust me, I have no intentions to teach you how to hunt. You suck at killing animals, but that doesn't mean that this isn't a good experience and exercise to teach you how to protect yourself. For when you're alone and no one else can. What if you're alone and come face to face with the enemy. I would feel better if you could protect yourself so I don't have to worry about needing to have you by my side twenty-four seven." Max tells the Monegasque.