8 𝕻𝖆𝖎𝖓.

There had come a lot of letters in for Charles and Jos

There had come a lot of letters in for Charles and Jos. The ones for Jos were always updates on the war and how the men were doing and most of them came from Max. Max would write his father how they were winning the war.

The ones that came in for Charles and Arthur were the ones about how his people were doing and his parents, how Max was leading them and how they were helping so many people. How they were slowly getting rid of the Reykvikians.

There had come in a letter with the words of the war being over in his country but that it wasn't safe for either Charles or Arthur. So they would stay in Holland while Lorenzo would help his parents in building the country back up.

But that wouldn't be safe for Charles or Arthur to help with. Which made Arthur really sad but Jos promised to help him in training so that he would one day be able to help his older brother. Charles was glad that he wouldn't have to see that war zone and the places that had happened to his people.

The last letter that Jos got was written by Daniel. It said nothing about why Max wasn't the one writing the letter or what had happened to him. It said nothing about Max. It only told them that they won the war and that Monaque was free again, that they were coming home.

Jos just played it off as Max probably being to busy to write them himself. But Charles had a bad feeling about that. In the letter said that they would be home within two days after them reading the letter.

And here is Charles, waiting at the docks for the ship of Max to arrive. Sophie is holding his hand after they came here three hours ago. Dakota was whining and limping around a bit. Charles has no idea how he got this but he thinks he must have hurt himself while playing with Ange.

While Charles and Sophie were waiting for them to come back, the rest of the Verstappen family was waiting for them to return a little further back from the two that really wanted to see how everyone was doing.

Charles has been looking forwards to this day for over three months now. He has missed the viking super much. As fun as His new friends were and how much fun they could have. Nothing was as fun as see the viking play with his wolf or how much he loves to talk with the viking.

Sometimes Jos would get annoyed with the two when they were suppose to learn things. But he understood their bantering a lot. Max would sometimes dive onto the younger prince and tickle him almost to death with how badly Charles would have to laugh.

It didn't take long before Sophie has spotted the vessel coming towards them. There was something odd about the vessel to Charles but he couldn't place it. There was a flag whipping in the wind with the symbol of Holland and one entire blue one with a black circle.

Charles heard Sophie gasping, her face turned pale and she looked behind her at Jos. Charles doesn't understand what's going on.

"What's going on?" Charles asks.