21

21.
«how can I let you go»
psycho [red velvet]

«how can I let you go»— psycho [red velvet]

"Your boyfriend is very handsome, Yeeun."

With the way he was looking at Suho, the compliment was obviously not genuine. Wonbin
sounded as if he was mocking him, plus his eyes were fixated on Suho and Suho only. He clenched his jaw as Suho just stared at him instead of responding to the compliment.

"We should hang out sometime," turning his attention back to me, "I still have your number. You better still have mines," he said playfully in a threatening tone.

I nodded as I looked away from him. Wonbin didn't seem to notice my uncomfortableness and continued our conversation, "your boyfriend won't mind," he joked.

"No," Suho interrupted, "I do mind," he told him coldly. Wonbin's face reddened and he pulled his eyebrows together, "don't be so controlling," he laughed off.

Seojun suddenly dramatically stood up from his chair and held onto his book bag, "we have to go now," placing his hand gently on Suho's shoulder, "it's cold and we don't want to miss the bus."

I also stood up, smiling nervously at Wonbin as I tried walking past him, "it was nice seeing you," and I went straight to an impatient Seojun, while Suho was still staring at Wonbin.

"I'll see you later Yeeun," he waved goodbye and strolled over to his group of friends. Suho finally got up and looked at us both, we were already waiting by the door for him.

Suho peeked behind him as we walked out and made eye contact with Wonbin. He was whispering in his friends ear while repeatedly looking back at Suho.

"What a jerk," Suho mumbled as we wandered along the sidewalk. I nervously scanned my phone and looked for any angry text messages from my mother. I felt my heart nearly jump out of my chest as middle aged women walked past us.

"He gives me bad vibes," Seojun said, "something about him seems off," both him and Suho began chatting about how Wonbin has some evil in him, which they weren't wrong about because what kind of guy leads a girl on?

"He was trying to piss me off," Suho pointed out, "your boyfriend won't mind. So annoying," he mocked Wonbin's snarky remark. Seojun added, "I would've cursed him out if he was rude to me," spitting out insults towards my old classmate, "he is not even close to handsome! Why is he so cocky?"

Seojun then turned his attention to me, "how did you even like someone like him?" sounding disgusted in my choice of crushes. I spun around to face him, giving him an offended look, "he was much more different back then," somewhat defending him.

"Tsk tsk, you crush on the wrong guys," Seojun shook his head as he scolded me, "you should be going after guys who will treat you nicely."

Suho chuckled, "that's ironic coming from you," he turned his head to the side as Seojun shot him a look, chuckling silently while Seojun began bickering with him once again, "weren't you the same person who went after Yeeun knowing she's my girlfriend?"