11

11.
«i've been dazed for a while»
— in my dreams [red velvet]

«i've been dazed for a while»— in my dreams [red velvet]

"Yeeun..."

"Hm?"

"I'm going to bring my future girlfriend here."

I turned to him as my eyes flickered to the ground, "and who is that? Jukyung?" a forced smile plastered on my face while those words left my mouth.

He laughed and pushed me gently, "no. I don't know who it'll be but I hope she'll like it," I could only fake a laugh at his response but then he seemed to get serious after an awkward moment of silence.

"I like Jukyung," he blurted out, "I hope I can bring her here one day."

I raised my eyebrows and my mouth slightly opened in shock. My eyes glanced around the ground as I thought of what to say to him, "it's so obvious you like her," was all I could say.

He sighed and looked down at his hands, rubbing them together, "but I have a feeling she likes Suho," he said slowly.

I tried my best to comfort him, despite my chest feeling like there was something applying extreme pressure on it, "you don't know that. If you talk to her about your feelings then I'm sure something will workout."

Seojun sucked in his lips and nodded, "you've been a good friend to me, Yeeun," he gave me a tiny smile before pointing his thumb at my front door, "I'll see you at school."

I was left standing alone as he walked away from me. For the first time, my stomach lost that tingly feeling whenever I was around him. I think I finally had an idea why I seemed to tense up whenever I was near Seojun.

I slowly opened the front door and entered my dark house quietly. Despite trying my best not to make any noise, there was my mother at the kitchen table sitting alone.

"Yeeun!" She motioned for me to sit next to her and had a gigantic grin on her,"so what happened?"

I nodded slowly and kept my eyes focused on the table, "good," my voice spoke lowly. I seemed to be distracted by my thoughts and completely forgot about my surroundings. Seojun's confession stayed in my mind still. It felt like it a never ending loop of hearing those words come out his mouth.

"Yeeun," my mother tapped me, "are you okay?"

I woke up from thoughts and quickly realized why I was feeling this way. My eyes glanced at my mother and my mouth slightly frowned, "can I tell you something?"

She nodded, worriedly, "yes."

I hesitated for a moment before spitting out how I've been feeling, "there's this boy I can't stop thinking about," I spoke faintly, "I couldn't really stand him before but now I get excited being around him. I also get really jealous whenever he looks at this one girl and he just told me he likes her."