9

9.
«i became blur»
— in my dreams [red velvet]

«i became blur»— in my dreams [red velvet]

"Save me a seat" Seojun reminded me before walking away to the lunch line. I only nodded in response and looked around the cafeteria for some seats for us.

I found an empty table in the middle and hurriedly made my way over there. I sat down slowly as I scanned the cafeteria for Seojun. There he was in line chatting with Jukyung. She gave him the biggest grin ever and he leaned closer to her with each and every word that came out of his mouth.

A bitter sensation took over my body. I became more tense as I watched them giggle to each other. I sucked in my lips before looking away and going back to waiting for him at this table.

"Since when did you start liking Seojun?" I turned my head and saw Sohye standing over me, "the most random couple I've ever seen," she snickered as she sat herself down next to me.

I scooted away, "why do you care?" I asked her.

Sohye began tapping the table with her fingers and she leaned in slightly, "I find it funny," she whispered, "that's all."

I flickered my eyes to the table, "okay," my voice quietly let out.

"I'll see you in class," Sohye rubbed my back as she got up and returned to her group of friends.

Suddenly I hear a loud bang next to me. I turned to look and saw Seojun with his tray of food resting on the table. He shoved a piece of meat in my face, expecting me to just eat it from his hands.

I moved his hand away, "what is wrong with you?"

Seojun threw the meat back on his tray and sighed loudly, very loudly, "you're the worst," he said while shaking his head.

I slapped his shoulder, "aren't you the same person who thinks slamming me on the wall is romantic?" I said to him before stealing food from his tray.

He rested his cheek on his hand and slightly smirked, "but you like it."

I paused right as I was about to insert a piece of fruit into my mouth, "no I don't," I muttered.

Seojun moved closer to me, "your face turned red and you didn't move at all."

I pushed him away, "stop it," and proceeded to munch on the piece of fruit I was holding. My mind couldn't help but focus on the voices chattering from all over the cafeteria. Were they gossiping about Seojun and I? I can't walk peacefully in the hallways without someone shooting me a look. There's a part of me that somewhat regrets going along with this little joke but there's another part of me that enjoys Seojun's company.