7

7.
«i'm going mad»
— in my dreams [red velvet]

«i'm going mad»— in my dreams [red velvet]

I woke up to the sound of buzzing. My hands reached over to my night stand and grabbed my phone. My jaw dropped once I saw the notifications on my screen.

"You and Seojun??"

"Seojuns stupid to have fallen for someone like you"

"Seoeeun <3333"

"Sorry for leaking that pic!"

"No wonder Seojun ran out the restaurant the second you left ♡.♡"

"ㅠ-ㅠ i thought we were friends why didn't you tell me ㅠ-ㅠ ㅠ-ㅠ"

I let my phone fall as my heart began beating rapidly. My lips trembled as my eyes widened while scenarios of my classmates making fun of me played out in my head.

I plumped my head on my pillow and let out a scream. I laid down for a few minutes before I heard ringing. I shot my head up and stared at my phone.

I let another ring go by before I decided to see who was calling.

Han Seojun.

He received those messages too, didn't he. Thoughts of his reaction to them popped up in my mind which led me to stay put on my bed for a few seconds. With the sound of the next ring I punched the green icon.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"What the fuck," he shouted. You can feel the anger and confusion in his voice. I was relieved he understood how I felt last night. Any normal person would be upset at rumors being spread around about them.

"Who do these people think they are texting me about us?" He continued, "so what if I grabbed you why does that matter to them?"

My body began heating up after he mentioned what happened. A small smile appearing on my lips as I tightened my grip on my phone, "I don't want to deal with these people when we go back to school," I said to him.

I heard a sigh escape his mouth, "okay then just stay by me then."

I cocked my head as my brows snapped together, "are you dumb?" I scolded him, "us being near each other are just going to confirm the rumors."

"And?" Seojun said, "what about it? You should take it as a compliment that people think you're my girlfriend," I can already imagine the smirk on his face after saying that.

I squeezed my eyes shut and rubbed my forehead aggressively, "and why would that be a compliment Han Seojun?"

He laughed, "do you really think Sohye is going to do anything to you with me by your side? I mean her and her little group of friends avoid me at any cost so them thinking you're my girlfriend can help you in a great way," he assured me, "plus you need the promo. Absolutely nobody knows who you are so my popularity can be passed over to you."

My jaw dropped after hearing all of that come out  of Seojun's mouth. My cheeks turned pink as I thought back to him wanting to fake our relationship. How would it feel to have Han Seojun as my boyfriend?

I stuttered as the shock of him wanting to play around with the rumors took over my mind, "you want to pretend we have a relationship?"

Without hesitation, Seojun immediately responded to my question, "yes. It would be fun to make people think it's true. You can help me by tutoring me on work I'm struggling with and I'll help you with being a nobody," he gleamed.

I paused for a moment. Should I agree to it? I would love to have some peace and quiet. Maybe Sohye really will leave me alone with Seojun next to me.

I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes before deciding, "okay then let's do it."

"Starting today," Seojun spoke in a low tone, "Bae Yeeun is my girlfriend," he laughed softly.

"Fake girlfriend," I corrected him.

"Same thing," he responded.

I sucked in my lips, "okay bye see you at school," I spoke very quickly but before I got the chance to hang up Seojun said a few final words.

"See you at school, babe," and he made sure I heard that last word loud and clear. He hung right after calling me "babe".

My entire face reddened and I sensed my chest tingling once again. That four letter word was in an endless loop in my mind. My hands released the grip I had on my phone and it dropped to the bed sheets.

Seojun stayed on my mind for the rest of the day and the next day. I wondered how we would play out our "relationship" at school. Would we only speak to each other when we see each other? Or stay by his side the entire day?

These questions wandered my mind as I strolled past the school gate. I felt so many pair of eyes on me. Almost as if I was an attraction to them.

I lowered my head as I made my way past everyone, my heart pounding aggressively. I played with my fingers and avoided any eye contact with the people who were whispering about me.

Out of nowhere I felt a masculine hand tug on my shirt and my body gently crashed into a hard surface. My eyes shot to where I was pulled and I saw him.

"Seojun?" I muttered.

He had his head slightly tilted while his gaze was lowered to me. A smirk plastered on his face. Seojun had the palm of his hands positioned on my back.

"Hey Yeeun," he beamed.

"What are you doing?" I asked him. Is him being all over me necessary?

Seojun rolled his eyes, "we're dating, remember?" He placed his arm over my shoulder and dragged me to wherever he was walking.

"Okay but you're doing too much," I told him.

Seojun glanced at me with both brows raised, "I don't care," he pulled me a bit closer before whispering to me, "smile, babe."

Was this a good idea?