Chapter Ten

The next day I got up too early and went to school

The next day I got up too early and went to school. I submitted my assignment and had a few group discussions before I was surprised with a test. Thank God I had studied. The test was not so hard for me. After the test I went to the library to study. In three weeks time I will be having an exam. I just want to prepare earlier.

As I was busy buried in my books, suddenly my phone chimed. I was tempted to see who texted me. Maybe it was Nolan but I did not want to get interfered with anything. I kept reading for a few minutes and my phone chimed again. I could not resist. I reached for my phone and unlocked it. It was an email notification and a message from Nolan wishing me a wonderful day. I replied to him quickly and rushed to open the email.

I could not believe what I saw in that email. I got the scholarship! I fucking got the scholarship! After a whole year of applying and getting rejected I finally got it. It was a full scholarship. I wanted to scream so hard but I remembered I was in the library.

Today was the best day of my life. The scholarship and later a date with the most handsome guy I know. How lucky am I? I finished studying whatever I wanted to study for the day and left the library. On my way I met Mr. Clifford.

"Hello Mr. Clifford." I greeted him with a wide smile.

"Hello Ms. Zaire. You look like you have received the best news." He said.

"Yes! Yes, I got the scholarship!" I told him.

"You see? I told you to keep applying." He smiled at me and left.

I got back home. I called Amelie and told her about my scholarship and my date with Nolan. She was really happy for me. I spent time with Max and gave him some treats and took him for an evening stroll. I kept thinking of what to wear on the date. I was scared of embarrassing Nolan. You know he was a celebrity and I was just an ordinary girl. I just hoped things will be fine.

Suddenly my phone rang and brought me back from my deep thoughts.

Looking on the screen it was my handsome celebrity date. I just smiled widely like a crazy woman before I answered his call. It took me a minute before I answered.

"Hey Nolan." I tried to sound sexy.

"Hey Curly." He said with his hoarse voice and I drenched.

"How are you doing mama?" He asked.

"I-I am fine. How about you?"

"I am good mijn liefje. Just checking if you are still going on that date with me."

"What did you call me?"

"Oh, I called you my love. That's Dutch."

My legs got weaker. I forgot Nolan was Dutch. He sounded so sexy.

"Are you still going on that date with me?" He asked again.

"Yes! I am still going."

"Okay, I am just from the studio. I was recording the song I sang for you at the beach house. Do you remember it?"

"Forever?" I asked him.

"Ja." He said and I found myself smiling.

"What should I dress? For the date?" I asked him. As I said before, I was scared of embarrassing him.

"Anything sexy. The driver will come pick you up at 7:30."

"Okay."

"See you soon, Curly. Bye for now." He hung up the phone.

I was going insane. I did not know what to dress. "Anything sexy". I remembered what Nolan said. What is anything sexy? Do I even have anything sexy? I went to my wardrobe and tried to look for a sexy dress. After an hour of staring at my wardrobe I found this wide strap high neck halter collar fitted short red dress. That was it!

I quickly rushed into the bathroom and took a quick shower then did a very very simple makeup that I learnt from Amelie and lastly I wore my red dress. I decided to let my hair down. Checked the time and it was 7:25. I got my Hearts & Roses London Lauren Vintage maroon dress coat that Amelie gave me on my 21st birthday and wore my black stiletto heels.

My phone rang and I knew the drive had arrived. I got outside my apartment and  a black SUV was waiting. The driver got out and opened the door for me. I got in and a few minutes later he started driving. I was so scared but excited at the same time. Amelie texted me to wish me luck on my date. After twenty minutes the car parked and the driver opened the door for me and asked me to follow him. We took the elevator and I was so surprised when we got  to the helipad. Nolan was there waiting for me. He looked so handsome in his grey tux. He smiled at me and I could not resist. My knees got weaker and weaker as I got closer to him.

The driver left us.

"How are you mijn liefje?" Hearing him call me his love made me feel so happy."

"I am good. You look so handsome." I finally told him.

"You look like een engel." He told me with the widest smile.

I blushed shyly and said "Thank you."

He led me into the helicopter and we flew away. It was the first time I was in a helicopter. I saw the city looking so beautiful from up in the sky.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked him.

He smiled and said, "Somewhere as beautiful as you." Then he pulled me closer to him until my head rested on his shoulder. I kept smelling him because he smelled like heaven. Thirty minutes later we landed on an Island. I did not know what island it was.

We walked to a very expensive house and we were welcomed by  very kind servers. One of them gave us glasses of rosé and said "Welcome to Luana Bay."

       *****