Chapter One

"We are going to be late!" I yelled at my best friend who was too busy scrolling on her phone

Tonight was very special to me. I was going to my favorite celebrity's concert, Nolan Beckham. I have always had a crush on him and hopefully one day I will meet him and maybe confess my love for him. Well, he will never notice me because he is a celebrity for god's sake! And I am a 22 years old woman struggling to earn my bachelors degree in nursing. So, that makes us two different worlds.

I started noticing Nolan when I was a teen by that time he was a teen too. He has the most beautiful voice in the whole universe. I know all his albums and I think I can sing all of his songs. I know his favorite drink is a cold Coke, I know he does not like spiders, I know he has a peanut allergy. I know he writes most of his songs at night. I almost know everything about him. Growing up I used to google him like all the time and read everything about him. Sadly, I know he doesn't know I exist.

"Yvette! Can you bring me my phone?" Amelie shouted from the other room. I got back to my senses and wondered how she got to the next room without me seeing her?

I took the phone to her and she was already dressed. She looked lovely in her green silky dress. "Wow! You look stunning." I said. She smiled at me then uttered "Let's leave babe."

I glanced at myself quickly in the mirror to make sure I looked breathtaking. My black mini dress was made for me because it matched my body so perfectly. I did not care how it revealed my cleavage. All I knew was that I looked sexy as hell. I rearranged my hair one last time and went to get my nude heels then we left my apartment using Amelie's car.

"Are you excited? I know you have been talking about this concert for months." Amelie said. I took a sigh of relief then said "Yeah! I am super excited. I just wanna see him and hear him sing, you know."

"I know girl! And when he sees you, you will blow his mind." She told me cheerfully.

I looked down then murmured gloomily "He will never notice me."

"C'mon Yvette! You are so pretty and tonight Nolan Beckham is going to notice you!"

My best friend always told me that I was beautiful, that I had beautiful hair which I did not like at all. It was always so curly. She told me she loved my skin and she would do anything to have my body. I never believed any of that. My dad normally compared me to his other kids and he would say I was the ugliest one. He even doubted if I was his. So, growing up I never believed when someone said I was pretty or when they would compliment me.

"He will have like a million women surrounding him. He won't see me." I told my friend sorrowfully but I know she will never let it go.

"Then we are going to the after party!"

My eyes almost popped out. "We can't! Only celebrities and rich people go to those parties." Now I felt like crying because there was no chance of me meeting Nolan.

"You forgot you have a rich friend." She smirked.

Amelie was the daughter of a tycoon. Her father owned half of the city. He had big hotels and oil companies all over. Actually, Amelie was famous because she was the daughter of the most powerful business man in the world. How did I forget that?

I met Amelie through my mum. Well, my mum used to babysit her and I became her playdate most of the time. She is the most kindhearted person I have ever met. I know her and she knows me too well because we grew up together. What I like most about her is she doesn't care if we are from two different worlds. Even though I am not from a wealthy family she still chose me to be her best friend.

"Girl we are here! Fix your hair and let's go meet your man!" She screamed as the chauffeur parked the car.

We got out of the car and there were so many photographers and reporters. Amelie held my hand and we walked so speedily before anyone saw us and got to the elevator. I saw a lot of famous people and most young women wearing T-shirts with Nolan's face on them. I got so envious. I wanted to be the one wearing those T-shirts. We showed our tickets and the door opened. Amelie was the one who bought the tickets. I didn't know she bought VIP tickets.

"Omg! You got the VIP tickets! You got the VIP tickets!" I shrieked with laughter.

"Yes! I want my friend to be happy." She said.

I grinned at her like a Cheshire cat as we walked to the VIP section. She had no idea how contented I was.

A moment or two musicians started performing. I couldn't concentrate. I was just waiting for one person. Only one person to get on that stage. The multitude had waited for hours and many were becoming restive. They started shouting "We need Nolan! We need Nolan! We need Nolan!"

Astonishingly Nolan appeared on stage. People went insane. I unexpectedly became euphoric. I couldn't wait for him to sing. He was naturally striking. He wore a well fitted blue pair of jeans, a white T-shirt that revealed his arm tattoos and a silver chain around his neck. He styled his blonde hair with wax and he had a clean shave. I swear I could smell his cologne from here! He looked like a snack and I was ready to eat him.

He took the mic in his hand then said "Good evening everyone. Thank you for coming to this concert. I hope y'all enjoy the show." His voice gave me some
heebie-jeebies. I screamed at the top of my lungs. Frankly it was his accent for me.

"This one's for you ladies." He said as the music played and all the ladies bawled then started singing.

I met her on the highway in September. I
can still recall that purple dress she wore.
She was talkin' in Swahili but I loved her,
and I knew no guy would ever love her more.
I promised her I'd live off her forever.

She said to me she loved my one blue eye.
But who'd have thought she'd run off with no clothes on. She sealed me in the vault and smirked goodbye....

He sung I met her. That is one of my best-loved songs. I always imagined he was singing it for me. Like he was talking about how we met and fell in love. Amelie knew how much I loved the song. She looked at me and I beamed with pleasure.

                                         *****