Chapter Seven

"What is going on  here?" Varvara asked as she got inside Nolan's room

"What is going on  here?" Varvara asked as she got inside Nolan's room. We didn't say anything. We kept looking at her as if we didn't understand her question.

She looked at Nolan angrily. "Please tell me you did not make out with this social climber."

Nolan's jaws clenched. He got up from the bed and stood in front of her. "I can make out with whoever I want!" He spat madly.

"You know people like her are always after people like you. She just wants your money—and fame." Varvara said.

I was boiling inside. How could she say something like that about me? I didn't want Nolan's money. I just liked him since I was younger and I wanted to be with him. I didn't care if he was rich or famous. I liked him for who he was.

"Enough Varvara! Get out of my room." Nolan yelled.

"Well, I am just warning you." She said and gave me a weird stare.

"Varvara please leave my room!" Nolan barked.

She looked at us and shook her head in disappointment. "I can't believe you chose her over me." Then she left.

Nolan looked very uncomfortable. "Yvette, I am so sorry about her." He apologized.

"It's alright. I think I will go back home now." I told him and saw sadness in his eyes.

"Please stay. It's late now." He begged.

I glanced at my phone screen and it was almost  midnight. "Please stay." He insisted.

I breathed heavily "Fine! But I'll leave so early in the morning. I have a class."

Suddenly there was that smile on his face. The smile that made him look more handsome. I felt really happy that I made him smile.

"Perfect! I will drive you myself to school."

Omg! Will Nolan  drive me to school? I couldn't contain my joy.

"You'll sleep on the bed and I will take the sofa." He told me.

"No! You sleep on the bed. It's your house." I said politely.

"C'mon Curly. Take the bed." And that was his final response.

He called me Curly!

I went to the bathroom and changed into something comfortable. When I got back I found Nolan shirtless laying on the sofa. He looked at me and smiled widely. He had the most beautiful body. I kept gawking at him like I was some stupid high school girl.

He cleared his throat.

"Is everything okay Curly?" He asked.

"Uh...yeah. Y–You are fine. I mean I–I am fine." God! Why am I stuttering?

"Hahaha." Nolan laughed. His laughter was the sound of music in my ears. "Are you sure you're okay, Curly?"

I took a long sigh then said with a grin "I am perfectly okay."

I walked and sat on the bed.

"I am sorry about the kiss." He suddenly apologized. Why would he be sorry? Didn't he liked it?

"No! No! You shouldn't be sorry." I said disappointedly.

There was silence.

"So, you liked it?" He moved closer to the bed and my heart started doing some summersaults.

"Y–Yeah." I mumbled.

There it was again, that quick glance that he wasn't even sure I was there. He had been watching out of the corner of his eye when I got from the bathroom. His eyes would travel the length of my smooth legs to the hem of my nightgown.

Part of me wanted to scream at him to stop, while part of me felt strange warmth inside. I had noticed, over the last few hours or so the looks he gave me. At first, I had dismissed them as my imagination, but I began to watch. In time, I realized it really was happening. They would come when we were alone.

I had been startled by the sheer hunger I saw in his eyes when he looked at me. They caused a flutter deep in my belly. I knew all about the birds and the bees. I had heard the bragging of the other girls, who they slept with, how they rated each guy.

This was different, this wasn't some hormone driven 18 year old boy. This was Nolan Beckham for Gods' sake; and he was drooling over me. I glanced at the window and it was so dark. Loud music was playing outside and people kept singing and laughing so loud.

I stretched my long legs, feeling the hem of my nightie sliding slightly up my thighs. I could almost feel the burning of his stare on me. I rose from the bed and walked across the room, heading for the bathroom. Glancing up at the mirror, I saw his eyes staring after me in the reflection.
There it was again, that hungry look, almost needy as he stared at my swaying ass outlined by the cloth of my nightie.
  *****