Epilogue

Many Years later

Many Years later...

"Millers, we're home!" Cami sang as she entered our house without knocking.

"Hey Cami," Josh yelled back into the foyer.

"Where are y'all?" Cooper asked.

"Kitchen!" I shouted back.

In less than a minute Cooper, Cami, Danny, and Mila all rounded the corner. We exchanged quick hugs of hello, and then we stood around the kitchen with beers in hand.

"How's everybody been?" Josh asked them.

"Busy," Cooper and Cami said at the same time.

We all laughed at that. I turned to Mila, who was sitting beside her dad. "Mila, how is college?"

"Good, Aunt Lili thanks for asking," she said. She took a quick sip from the beer.

"What classes are you taking this semester?" Josh asked her.

"Do you still have the same group of friends?" I asked.

"When do you have to go back?" Josh asked.

"Why-"

"Good god!" Mila interrupted me. "I get enough of the third fucking degree from my dad. I shouldn't have come home for Thanksgiving."

There was a brief silence, following her outburst.

"Swear Jar," everyone said in sync.

Mila rolled her eyes and took out her phone, "what's the venmo for the swear jar?"

"Venmo?" Josh asked.

"Yeah," Mila said. Everyone other than Mila looked at each other in confusion. "Ya' know, like digital money."

"Digital money? Why can't you just carry around cash like we did?" Cooper asked.

"Cause I don't want to have to go to the bank every time that I come home from school," Mila said, frustrated with us.

"I made three trips to the bank a week," Cooper said dismally.

"And who's fault was that?" Cami asked him.

He made a face and then flipped her off.

"And I thank you for your addition to my college fund," Mila said sarcastically.

We were all interrupted before we could get another word in after that.

"Mom, we're home!" Hailey yelled from the foyer.

"We're in here sweetie!" I yelled back. I caught Josh's eye and he winked at me, I blushed like I did when we first started dating. Out daughter and our son came around the corner noisily, bickering about weather or not Tommy had stained the passenger seat in Hailey's car.

As soon as they entered the room, the bickering stopped. "Mila! You're back!" Hailey said excitedly. She ran over and the two cousins hugged tightly. Mila was not that much older than Hailey, only about four years, so the cousins had grown extremely close.