Chapter 10

"You didn't sleep with him??" Cami asked

She hadn't believed me when I told her that Josh and I just stayed up all night talking.

"Nope," I agree.

"You didn't even kiss?" she asked for the third time.

"Nope," I repeated.

"Boring," she huffed as she flopped back onto the couch.

It wasn't boring, it was perfect. I had a great night and Josh assured me that he did too.

"Is that his varsity jacket?" Cami asked suddenly, sitting up straight.

I look down, realizing that I was, in fact, wearing Josh Miller's capitan varsity jacket. "I guess so," I agreed.

"He likes you," she told me.

"Ha ha," I laughed sarcastically. But something in me wanted it to be true, "What gives you that impression?"

"The jacket thing is such a move!"

"A move?" I asked, unconvinced.

"Yeah," Cami said as if she was knowledgeable. "He let you keep the jacket, he wants to see you again and the only sure fire way is to make you return his jacket to him."

"He probably just forgot that I was wearing it," I said sensibly.

"Even if he did," she continues. "Never in the history of Yale Gossip has Josh given a girl his varsity jacket."

"You've been watching too many movies," I told her as I crossed the apartment to my room. "I need a nap, we can talk about this later."

I left an unhappy Cami alone in the living room. My clock read 7:30. Thank god there were no classes on Sundays or else I would fall asleep during them. As I plug my phone into charge while I slept, it lit up with three notifications. @cooperjcool followed you on instagram, @dfisher71 followed you on instagram, and finally @jmiller46 followed you on instagram.

I immediately followed them all back, finding that Danny had a private account, I requested to follow. I scrolled through Josh's instagram for longer than I would like to admit. He had quite a few shirtless photos that drooled over very briefly. I kept scrolling until I fell into a deep sleep.

My alarm blasted me awake. I checked my clock and it read 5:30am. I slept the entire day yesterday. Well, one could not find a better use for her time than napping. I got ready for class. I put on a green sweatshirt and some light wash jeans.

I leave my hair in the waves that it was naturally in. I grabbed my bag that held my laptop, my papers, and my other school supplies. I put on my trusty keds and I left a note for a sleeping Cami that said that I went to my Monday morning English class. It was only a few minutes away and I got to class with only a few moments to spare. Half of the class hadn't filled up. I suppose that people were less eager to make a good impression on the teacher during the second week of school.