Chapter 20

"Halloween is the one time a year where girls can dress like a total slut and nobody can say anything about it," Cami told me

"It gets it," I sighed. "You have seen Mean Girls, but seriously I'm not sure what I am going to be."

"This is what you get for refusing to go costume shopping with me last week," she said in a sing-song voice.

"I didn't refuse," I huffed as I threw things out of my closet. "I had a paper due, and I prioritize school over halloween."

"Like a nerd," she told me.

I rolled my eyes.

"I would hate to be your first court case," I told her back.

Right now Cami and I were in my room getting ready for a Halloween frat party. I didn't want to go. This was no surprise, but after endless pleading from Cami and Cooper, I agreed. I could be such a pushover.

Cami was sitting on my bed dressed as a mummy. It was cute, but she was barely wearing any clothes and she would surely freeze to death. She wore a tight white skirt, wrapped in what seemed to be toilet paper or medical bandages. The same with a tube top that she wore. She wore her hair in a high ponytail and she had bandages wrapped around her hands like fingerless gloves.

"Go do some light makeup and I'll pick something out," Cami instructed as she pushed herself off of my bed. "We told the guys that we would be there five minutes ago."

"Okay," I conceded. I let her push me out the door and into the bathroom. I did some rather plain make up with a little bit of shimmer on my eyes. My hair was left in neat, loose curls as I walked back into my room.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"Making you a Halloween costume," Cami said as though it was obvious. She made a final cut in my dress and the entire bottom of the dress was cut with small triangles. The dress was green and covered in green sequins. It was strapless and it cinched my waist in just the right way.

"You cut my dress?" I asked. It was the dress that I wore to the club when Cami and I went once a year on her birthday.

"Yes," she said. She did not seem regretful, but I slightly mourned the name of that dress.

Cami pulled a pair of pair wings from seemingly nowhere. "You'll be Tinkerbelle."

Now that I knew what she was thinking, I actually thought that it looked good.

"Get dressed," Cami told me.

I did as she said and I stood looking in the mirror.

"You look hot, babe!" Cami encouraged me.

"So do you," I complimented back. "Let's get going," I said. "We're late."

Cami and I decided to walk to the party, because Cami didn't want to be the designated driver, and I didn't want to bring my baby (my car) to a frat house. It was only a few blocks away and by the time that we got there, the party was already in full swing. The costumes ranged from elaborate beautiful costumes to lingerie with animal ears. I wouldn't have been comfortable walking around like that, and I just had a lingerie shoot last week, something about being around handsy frat guys in only underwear was not appealing.