Chapter 11

It had been a week since Saturday

It had been a week since Saturday. I was kind of hoping that I would see Josh all week last week, but we never ran into each other. I pulled up to his house, in my car this time. Cooper and I were going to the Homecoming football game for our article. I got out of my jeep. It was maroon and it was my baby. I loved this car more than anything. Ever since my dad couldn't get Alexander or Noah to care about cars he hyper focused that energy on me. He got me knowing every part of a car, before I knew the alphabet. I had fixed my and Cami's cars more often than Cami has gotten her nails done and that is a lot. It doesn't help that Cami still drives the same piece of shit car from high school either. I walked up to the door of the house and knocked a few times.

Danny came to the door again. "Hey Lili," he said.

"Hi Danny," I greeted.

He smiled then he turned around. "JOSH!" he called into the house. "LILI'S HERE!"

"Oh!" I stopped him. "I'm actually here to get Cooper."

"My bad," Danny shrugged. He turned back around. "COOP! LILI'S HERE! NEVERMIND JOSH!"

It was too late, Josh was already heading toward the door apparently oblivious to Danny's last announcement. Danny slid away just as Josh came to the door.

"I knew you couldn't stay away for long," he told me.

"Ha ha," I said sarcastically. "I'm not here for you."

"Oh yeah?" He challenged me. "Then who are you here for?"

Somebody thinks very highly of himself.

"Sorry man," Cooper said as he came up behind Josh. He hit Josh on the shoulder with fake condolence. "She's here for me." Cooper's camera dangled from his arm as he passed Josh and stood next to me. He put his arm around me, just to mess with Josh, but I let him.

"See you later Josh," I told him as Cooper and I turned to leave.

"See ya Blondie," he called after us.

"Don't call me that!" I yelled back. I could hear his faint chuckles as Cooper and I slammed the car doors.

"What was that?" Cooper asked me.

"His stupid nickname for me?" I asked. "Just his way of getting me riled up."

Cooper smirked as he buckled in and I set the car in drive. We drove the car to the football field and we got out and walked in together.

We stood side by side in the bleachers of the football stands. It was starting to get colder as the day gave way to night.

"So," Cooper started. "What's going on with you and Miller?"

"Me and who?" I feigned innocence.

"Josh," he said as if I actually hadn't understood him.

I shook my head and chuckled. "You are worse than Cami," I told him, as I returned my attention back to the field.