Chapter 6

"Please, please, please, please, please," Cami begged me

"I don't know," I resisted.

"Please come out with me tonight," she begged. "There is a party at the Hockey House," she said in a sing-song voice as if her tone would change my mind.

"No thanks," I told her as I returned my attention to my book. We were currently sitting side by side on the couch in our apartment.

"Please," she whined. "You owe me, you skipped our beginning of school ritual." My shoot on Monday had gone late and I got to the apartment at 10:30 and immediately fell asleep. Cami had said that it was okay at the time, but I should have known it was going to come back and bite me in the ass.

"Fine," I groaned.

"Yes!" she exclaimed. She threw her arms around my neck and squeezed me tightly. "Go get ready, we leave in thirty minutes!" she said as she hopped off of the couch and disappeared into her own room to presumably get ready.

I sighed and I pushed myself off of the couch and towards my bedroom. I spent a few minutes scouring my closet, and I found an outfit that was cute enough to wear to a party, but light enough to wear in August. A pair of jean shorts, and a white top that made my tits look good. I got changed quickly and sat on the floor of my room and watched in the full length mirror as I curled my hair. In the end my hair looked like loose beach waves, and when I found myself satisfied, I grabbed my makeup bag and took a seat on the floor once again. I swiped on some mascara and some lip gloss. When I was satisfied with my appearance, I left my room and entered back into the kitchen space where Cami was currently standing.

"Looking good mami," Cami called to me.

"Thanks babes," I told her. I reached into our refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water. "You aren't looking too bad yourself," I told her with a wink.

"I know," she said cockily. "The uber comes in a few minutes."

"I could have driven," I told her.

"No," she said sternly. "You are going to get trashed with me tonight."

I was a lightweight in every sense of the word. I had the lowest alcohol tolerance out of almost anyone that I knew. I wish that I had that knowledge from the let go, but I did have a few embarrassing stories in my back pocket.

I laughed because Cami knew this too. "So like max three drinks," I said.

"Exactly," she giggled as she dragged me from our apartment and towards the party.

When we walked up to the house the party was already in full swing. Colored lights shown through the windows and the clubbing music could be heard from a block away. Cami led me through the door and I took a second to assess my surroundings. The place looked different, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Let's get a drink!" Cami yells over the music.

"Okay!" I yelled back. I turned my head to look towards the kitchen and I saw a pair of familiar brown eyes staring back at me. I looked at the owner of the eyes and my eyes raked up and down his body. His black shirt was fitted just well enough so that you could see his muscles bulging through. His pants were black jeans and somehow they looked hotter on him than they would on any other person in this room. My eyes traveled back to his and I noticed that he wasn't looking at my face, he was looking at my breasts.I put two lingers in his line of sight and I motioned back to my eyes.

His eyes snapped back up to mine and a smirk took over his mouth. I let a similar smirk take over my mouth.

That was when I noticed that the guys we were standing with were staring at an oblivious Cami and awakened me. I couldn't help the scoff that escaped my lips. I looked back to Josh and I sent him a wink, before Cami got distracted and pulled me toward the dance floor.

Cami and I danced for about an hour. I could feel eyes on us the entire time, that may have been because Cami only knew how to dance like a temptress.

As Cami twirled me around I caught sight of Josh.

He was kissing a girl who sat on his lap. She had brown hair and ass implants for sure. She was also wearing significantly less clothing than I was, or anyone here for that matter.

It made my stomach churn, but I couldn't figure out why. I marked it up to dehydration and I turned back to Cami.

"Let's go get a drink!" I shouted to her above the music.

"Okay," she agreed. I led her through the crowd and into the kitchen that was significantly less packed. Only a few people were having quiet conversations. A boy who looked like he was at most a freshman handed Cami and I red solo cups filled with beer. I noticed how his gaze assessed each of us, before we turned away. His gaze did not make me feel hot, it made me feel like there were insects crawling in my veins. It made me want to throw up, him sexualizing us disgustingly. This was hypocritical of me though. I couldn't stop myself from thinking of what I felt when Josh looked at me. It made me feel hot, and not just in an attractive way, in a temperature way. A clattering from the living room broke me from my thoughts.

"Body shot roulette in the kitchen!" Cooper's voice shouted.

"I don't think that we should-'' I started to say to Cami.

"Let's do it," she pleaded.

I started to shake my head, but a group of people walked through the door, chatting and holding the things that you would need to take body shots.

"I really don't think that this is a good idea," I told Cami.

"It'll be fun," she promised. She could still see my resistance. "Please?"

"Fine," I relented. I would do anything for her.

"Here's how you play," Cooper said as he directed the attention of everyone in the room to him. "You spin the bottle and whoever it lands on is who you have to take a shot off of. Simple enough."

Cooper started and it landed on a girl that I didn't know. Cami and I talked quietly as the bottle spun a few more times. I watched the bottle spin every time, and it never landed on Cami or I.

Cami nudged my shoulder and I caught sight of the bottle finishing spinning. It stopped in slow motion it landed directly on me.

Word Count: 1150