Chapter 5

I couldn't stop thinking about the girl from the grocery store, and miraculously she appeared in my house a few days ago

I couldn't stop thinking about the girl from the grocery store, and miraculously she appeared in my house a few days ago. Cooper told me that she was his partner for something in his English class.

She was hot.

And not in the way that sorority girls are hot, with the fake tans, bleached hair, and fake boobs. She was beautiful. She had mid length blonde hair that was streaked with natural highlights. She also had stunning green eyes. She wasn't very tall, maybe 5' 4" or 5' 5" but not everyone could be 6' 4" like I was. She had a nice ass and perky tits.

She wasn't my usual type. I usually went for girls with long brunette hair and fake boobs. I wasn't really into the whole fake tit thing, but the bigger the better. I didn't really do relationships though.

"Uncle Josh?" Mila's voice broke through my thoughts.

"Yes?" I inquired.

"Can you help me find Mr Teddy? I need him for Grandma's house," she told me.

Mila was going to stay with Danny's mom for the weekend so that Danny had a break. Cooper took this to mean that since Mila wasn't going to be here, he could throw a rager. Danny was so desperate for some time not occupied by studying or Mila that he agreed instantly.

"Yeah," I agree. "I think that I saw him in the living room." I follow her into the living room and after only a few minutes of searching we find her teddy bear under the couch.

"Thank you Uncle Josh!" she exclaimed. She threw her tiny arms around my neck with a tight squeeze.

"Anytime," I told her. I squeezed her back.

"Mila!" Danny called. "Grandma'e here!" Mila escaped my grasp and raced to the front door with her teddy in hand. I heard Danny talking to his mom at the front door and I passed it on my way to the kitchen.

"Hello Josh," Mrs Fisher said sweetly.

"Hi Mrs Fisher," I said back. "How are you?"

"It's actually Ms. Gardner now. I'm doing well," she said with a smile.

"Come on Grandma!" I heard Mila call from outside.

"Duty calls," Mrs Fisher sang.

"Thank you mom!" Danny called out after his mom as she followed Mila down the path. "See you on Monday!"

He closed the door behind his mother and sighed with such relief.

"Ms Gardner?" I asked.

"My parents got a divorce," he told me. He didn't seem too bummed about it, but the Fishers always seemed so happy together.

"Why?" I asked him.

"My dad tried to disown me after Rachel saddled me with Mila," he told me with a shrug. "I mean, gave me the greatest blessing of my life," Danny corrected himself. "My mom wasn't having any of it, she divorced him, took most of his assets, and is effectively the only parent that Sadie and I talk to." Sadie was Danny's older sister, she lived nearby and she was willing to take Mila for a few hours here and there, when Danny couldn't and Ms Gardner lived two hours away. "But she seems happier, and I am happy, and Mila is happy, and everything is great."

"Mila's not here, man," I remind him. "You can be unhappy for a second."

Danny sighed and relaxed his face. He looked ten years older. "I am so tired Josh," Danny admitted.

"Premed is hard on anyone, having a two-year-old to take care of as well is a lot of work," I told him.

"I know, I know," Danny said. "But Mila and I have such a great support system from you and Coop and Sadie and my mom, it doesn't feel fair to complain."

"You can complain all you want to me," I told him.

Danny chuckles, "thanks, man."

"You need to go take a nap," I told him.

"I know," Danny agreed. "But Cooper needs help with setting up with his party-"

"I'll do it," I told him.

"I thought you said that if Coop was going to be throwing a party you wanted no part in helping set up or clean up?"

"You need a break more than I do," I said, stating the obvious. "Go sleep, we'll wake you up before people get here."

"You're a lifesaver," he told me.

"You're welcome," I told him. Danny turned around and walked up the staircase to his room.

"Yo Danny!" Cooper called as he barged in through the front door only minutes.

"Danny's taking a nap," I told him.

"He needs to get up so that he can help be set up for the 'We Survived The First Week Of School' party," he said as he dumped the contents of three very full grocery bags onto the counter of the kitchen.

"We Survived The First Week Of School?" I asked.

"Every party needs a theme," he insisted. "Where's Danny?

"I told Danny that I would do it," I admitted.

"Great!" Cooper said. "You can pick up the keg."

I sighed, but I would rather do that than go through the house and get rid of all of the stuff that might indicate Mila. "Text me the details," I told him as I grabbed my keys and I left the house.

When I finally got back, it had been two of the most excruciating hours of my life, but I had succeeded in getting Cooper's keg. When I got back inside I lugged the keg with me into the house. The house looked different. Not cleaner, not messier, but different. The furniture was pushed to the sides of the room and every thing that could have possibly hinted that a two year old lived here was hidden away.

"Coop!" I shouted. He rounded the corner and found me with the keg.

"Thanks man," he said. He helped me bring the keg into the kitchen and just about everything was set up.

Soon enough we had locked all of the doors and especially Mila's room, woken up Danny, and the party was getting into full swing.

The music was loud and throbbing, there were people dancing and people playing beer pong in the back. I was standing with a group of the hockey guys, most of them were younger, junior and sophomores. They were all kind of dick-ish. They were talking about how hot the girls were here.

"Yeah," I heard one of them agree. "She is hot, but you know who is hotter?"

"Who?" the other one asked.

"Her," the guy nodded. I followed his gaze to two girls who had just walked in.

One was taller with long, black hair, both of their backs were to me. The first girl wore a tight dress that accentuated her curves.

I moved my eyes to the other girl. She had mid length blonde hair that was put into very loose curls. She wore tiny jean shorts that showed off her phenomenal ass. As my eyes traveled up her toned, tanned legs, up her bare back, and to the white bow that tied her top together as well as a thinner ribbon at the neck to secure it in place. Just as I finished taking in her image she turned around and caught me staring. My eyes immediately jumped to her top, it accentuated her breasts perfectly and the gold chain that hung between her breasts brought my attention there. As my eyes traveled up her boy and to her face, I realized who I was admiring.

Lili.

Word Count: 1250