Part 30 (Mind Magic)

Start from the beginning

"You're incredibly strong." She continued as she handed me a small silk cloth. I wiped my eyes, only to find myself staring in horror as the tan silk turned crimson with every stroke.

Frigga must have sensed this, because she quickly went to comfort me, holding me into a hug as I tried to steady my heavy breathing.

"It will stop soon, nothing permanent. I would not do any permanent harm to you."

I whimpered when I tried to nod in response, my head in a crazed amount of sharp pain.

"Collect yourself, then go to your chambers, wash yourself off, and get into bed. The bleeding will slow in a moment, but will likely continue for most of the evening. I will have the girls bring you your dinner and a tea to help the pain. Go through the library, you'll avoid Thor and the warriors that way." She wrapped me in a cloak, pulling the hood over my head. "Keep your head down."

"Loki is going to be mad if he sees me like this." I whispered, squeezing my eyes shut as my head only ached more when I spoke.

"He will be angry with me, yes. Trust it's not the first time I've faced his scorn."

I did as Frigga said, walking directly across the hall to go through the library rather than the halls. It was a huge room I hadn't been in previously, but it was a straight shot to the other set of double doors, which led directly to the two princes' wing.

I quickly made my way through the room, keeping my head down and my cloak's hood pulled, but halfway through I felt a presence. A familiar presence. That same 'eye of the storm' feeling I adored now instead made my stomach drop in anxiety.

I hurried to the second set of doors, silently praying he hadn't seen me as I tried to remain quiet, muffling any sounds that escaped my mouth from the pain with my hand. After I got out of the library, I practically sprinted down the hall to my door, closing it behind me.

As soon as I got to my room I went straight to the bathroom to get a look at myself in the mirror. The lights in the bathroom were brighter, making me wince for a second before I finally looked. Holy hell.

My eyes didn't have a single ounce of white left in them, red tears still trailed down my cheeks. If someone told me in that moment I was a demon, I would've whole-heartedly believed them. Bloody Mary could've appeared in the mirror beside me and we likely would've looked like long lost sisters.

"Dove?" I heard a soft call on the other side of the bathroom door. In my frantic state looking at my face, I must've missed Loki coming into my room.

"Just a second." I tried to say loud enough for him to hear, cringing through the pain as my voice cracked. I threw on the sink and snatched a hand towel from beside it, cleaning the blood off my cheeks.

"Are you alright?" He sounded concerned, worried as I could hear his hand rest on the doorknob when he spoke.

"Y-" I tried to speak, but the pain engulfed my head once more, causing a whimper to escape my lips as I threw my head down in a wince. I grabbed the cloth and covered my eyes in an attempt to lessen the light shining through my eyelids, desperate to dampen the pain.

Not even seconds later I felt hands on my arms, Loki's cool touch grasping me and turning me to face him.

"Is that blood?" He asked, sounding almost horrified. "Dani?"

He practically ripped the towel out of my hands, making me wince again and squeeze my eyes shut. He made a noise when he saw my face, what I could only describe as a mix between a scoff and a gasp.

"Lo, I'm o-"

I didn't understand what he said, it sounded foreign as he whispered something under his breath and pulled me back towards the bedroom. He sat me on the bed, running the cloth on my eyes softly as he knelt in front of me. "What happened? Who did this?" I could feel his emotions crashing around the room, smashing any space of neutral air to nothing.