37.

Atlas Miller

My eyes flutter shut in frustration as I hear the mention of both our names once again.

"For Christ's sake, are they ever gonna give us a break?" I complain irritatedly.

"Alright, cut the act, we all know that mini Atlas inside of you's doing mad somersaults and shit right now," Grey jokes, laughing.

Sighing, I push myself off the seat I was currently sat on before making my way towards my partner.

Partner for a canoe ride.

"Nice to see you again Kingsley," I greet her as I stand there, front faced towards her back as she bent down to grab something.

As she turns around, she shoves a piece of paper at my chest.

Biting down on my lip to prevent myself from saying anything, I force a smile before my eyes trail and follow her movements.

"It's a map in case you were wondering since you're too occupied with staring at me."

Releasing my bottom lip, I bring the piece of paper she'd generously handed over to me up to a height where I was able to read it.

"Right." The only word I manage to get out.

"You're paddling, I read directions," she demands as she snatches the paper out of my hand and replaces it with two paddles.

"Well thanks Kingsley!" I showcase the two paddles in my hands to her as she makes her way towards the canoe.

Turning around for a split second, she flashes me a sarcastic smile.

I sigh and shake my head as I make my way towards her.

Keeping my hands close to her body as she climbs on — in case she manages to slip and start blaming it on me — I follow behind her, ending up at the back of the canoe.

"You sure you know how to read maps Kingsley?"

"Alright before you two set off—"

Mrs Sullivan rushes to where our canoe was stilled. Autumn pinches her eyebrows together.

"Yes?"

"Remember to use each other," she starts — Autumn and I furrow our eyebrows — she opens her mouth to speak but closes is it back up before she could say anything else.

"Just be good to each other." She blurts accompanying her words with a smile.

I watch as Autumn takes the two paddle sticks from my hands and places the piece of paper on my lap instead, her palm slightly brushing against my legs in the process of doing so.

I inhale sharply before shifting in my seat and taking the map into my hands.

Autumn rewards Mrs Sullivan with a small wave before beginning to paddle off.

"Kingsley, you sure we're allowed to go yet?" I question extending my arm out as I did so.

"Who cares. Let's just get this over with."

Intently, I watch as she continuously creates some sort of backwards and forwards motion with her hands, enabling the movement of the canoe we were in.

"You just gonna watch or are you gonna put your eyes to use and read directions out for me Miller?" She asks sarcastically.

I thought she was reading directions?

"Alright what is your problem—" I bring an arm up and showcase my right palm as I complained.

"This. Being here in a fucking canoe with you right now," she blandly responds.