26.

Atlas Miller

"Are you gonna ring her or not?"

My stare remains on the phone in my hands. What if it gets too awkward and she hangs up? I don't want her to hang up.

That'd be embarrassing and I'd look like a total douche.

Kaden snatches the phone out of my hands and presses the call button.

I curse under my breathe and start pacing around the room. Pulling the covers over himself, Kaden stares at me like I'm about to rip his head off while the continuous ringing of the phone repeats itself over and over again.

Like some kid that's been stolen candy from, I stare at the phone horrified.

It goes to voicemail. Thank god. There was a small part of me that wanted her to pick, so we could get the project done of course, but I'm also glad she didn't.

Steadily, I blow out a puff of air before retrieving my phone from Kaden's grasp.

"I fucking hate you."

I rush out of the living room and up the flight of stairs before entering my room and throwing my phone on my bed. Kaden follows after me and plops down on my bed while I sit staring at him in my swivel chair.

Burying my face in my hands, I let out a muffled groan of irritation but I'm immediately cut off as the phone begins to ring.

Startled, I spin my chair around to face the direction of the sound. The ringtone continuously goes off, begging it for someone to answer.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck-"

Kaden grabs the phone excitedly, like a kid who's just received a present on Christmas Day. He brings it up to his face before putting it on speaker and eyeing me.

I mouth another 'fuck you' to him; there were a couple of seconds of static/rustling sounds before the familiar voice spoke.

"Hello?" Autumn sounded confused.

Kaden raises his brows indicating for me to start talking. I shake my head.

Lifting his feet, he kicks the side of my leg harshly. I wince in pain and rub the spot he had just kicked.

"The fuck was that for-" I begin to argue with him, completely forgetting who was on the other end of the phone.

"Hello?"

She slowly drags out the 'o'. Knowing that there was no way I was gonna win this, I snatch the phone out of Kaden's hand and sneak in a little smack to the side of his head.

I take it off speaker. "Yeah, hey, hi."

Silence. "Miller is that you?"

I clear my throat, giving myself time to think of what I was going to say. "Surprise?"

My fingers find it's way to the lose strings of my sweatshirt before it's starts twisting it around.

"What do you want?" She sounds annoyed, but yet again, she always talks in an irritated, bitchy 'leave me alone' tone.

"Oh right so, there was this small project Miss Wilder set for us to do while you were away." I take a breath and prepare myself for her reaction. "It's due next week. Tuesday."

Silence again. "You're fucking with me."

I take a quick glance at Kaden who was still rubbing the side of his head attempting to soothe it. He frowns at me.

"I was going to tell you but I didn't get the chance to." I being to argue.

"We were out the whole day yesterday, and I was at your house for the entire morning, you didn't bother telling me then?" She argues back.