Chapter 19

Giovanni Liotti

Today was the day of the attack. I woke up happier and with more energy than expected. Yesterday, as Angelo suggested, I went to see Marina, and indeed, it did help. It brought my happiness and energy up, and it made me want to finish this as soon as possible to spend more days like yesterday.

I stepped out of my car, and straightened my jacket. I walked to the door, and saw it was open. It had several pieces of glass missing, and cracks. I fucking hated this place. Especially for her to live there. Everytime I walked there, I had the urge to tell her to move in with me.

I shook those thoughts away, and pushed open the door, and that smell hit my nostrils. It smelled like there had been a dead corpse lying here for weeks. Walking up to her floor, with the cracking of the wood under my shoes, I reached her door. I brushed my hair back. I knocked on the door, and heard shuffling around her small apartment. I got worried until I heard her soft voice through the door.

"Wait a second." She said. "I'm coming."

She opened the door, and her eyes landed on my chest, but they went up to my face, and her eyes went wide. A smile grew on her face, illuminating her gorgeous features. I smiled at her. "Hello, Tesoro." I started opening my arms to hug her, but before I could do anything, she was hugging my waist, lying her head on my chest.

"What are you doing here?" She looked up at me, placing her ching on my chest. "It's not that I'm complaining. I'm just curious." She smiled. I bent down and kissed the top of her head, as we walked inside of her small apartment.

"Well," I sat down on her couch, which sometimes I felt like I was going to break. "As you already know, I have that Important thing tomorrow, and I wanted to see you. I was missing you, and I felt if I didn't see you, I was going to explode." I grabbed her hips, and pulled her on my lap. I brushed her hair away from her neck, and nuzzled my face in the crock of her neck, leaving small kisses on her soft skin.

"Did you really miss me, or you are just feeling horny?" She narrowed her eyes at me, making me fall for her even more.

"I'm not horny, Tesoro." I shook my head. "I just wanted to see you. And if possible take you out for lunch." I explained. "And also go for a walk." I wanted to spend the most time with her, just in case something happened the next day. I would have a recent image of her.

"Oh." She looked me in the eyes. "Ok." She nodded, kissing me on the cheek. "Give a second to get ready." She started standing up, but I pulled her down on my lap, hugging her tighter. She turned to look at me with wide eyes. "Don't do that. I'm going to hurt you with my weight." She placed her hands on my chest.

"I'm not going to answer that dumbass shit you just said. I wish you could hurt me because of that, it would mean you eat every meal." I poked her side. She averted her eyes from me, and laid her head on my chest. "I just wanted a proper kiss." I said, pointing to my lips. She lifted her head, and grabbed the sides of my face, bringing our lips together. I placed my hand under her jaw. When she tried to pull away, I put my hand behind her head, and continued kissing her like the starved man I was. I had missed her perfect shaped lips against mine. "Now," I said, when we pulled away. "Now, you can go and change." I kissed her forehead as she stood up from my lap.

She hurried away to the boxes of things I bought her months ago, and got dressed. I couldn't take my eyes off her body. My eyes trailed down to her body. There were still some ribs that could be seen, but she was making progress. And her hips were less visible from afar than when I met her. Her eyes connected with mine, and I smirked at the light blush on her cheeks.