Chapter 1

3 years later

Louis his father walked into the room of his son. He was laying in the bed, scrolling away on his phone. He looked very tired,blinking slowly up at his dad when he entered. His room smelled like smoke. His lighter and pack of cigarettes thrown on his desk.

He looked at his dad, completely unaware of the disgust on his face from the smell. He should be used to it by now he thought to himself. His dad took place on the other end of the bad, looking down. ''Get on with it already.'' Louis muttered, already knowing that his dad was going to lecture or scold him again. ''Lou.. I..'' He started. ''I know I forgot to do the dishes for the millionth time but I was busy okay. Not worth arguing over.'' Louis said. ''This isn't about the dishes Lou.'' His father said, now looking up in his sons eyes. The shiny blue colour was replaced by a almost grey colour. He didn't recognize his eyes anymore.

So much has changed in the last three years, and not all were good changes. ''You know I have been dating this women right?'' He asked. ''Of course I fucking know.'' Louis muttered angrily. In his eyes it looked like his father was replacing his mother. He didn't understand how he could love someone else after her. It was an understanding that Louis felt almost betrayed by his own father. The man that helped raising him.

''Lou we.. we made a choice and its not really up for discussion.'' He said. ''Now I feel threatened.'' Louis said chuckling dryly to himself. ''We.. Lou me and Anne have decided to move in with her.. we're going to move..'' His father said. ''No.. No fucking way.. absolutely not.'' Louis grumbled, shaking his head. ''It wasn't up for discussion Lou.'' Mark said. ''What is that supposed to mean?'' Louis said, his voice getting a bit louder. ''We have to think about the future and she makes me happy. This is the next step.'' He told him. ''This isn't the next step because we are not moving.'' Crossing his arms over his chest, looking down. His phone long forgotten laying next to him.

''I understand that you may be upset but-''   ''No you don't think that. You never care about what I want. I don't want to move, I don't want to leave dad. You got to understand that.'' Louis argued. ''And I do but this is really important for me okay.''

''How far from here is it?'' Louis asked after a moment of silence. ''An hour long drive from here with the car.'' Mark said looking down at the ground. Louis loosened his arms that were crossed over his chest, taking a deep breath. He didn't want to move. He wanted to stay here, he wanted to stay in this comforting house. The house he called home for as long as he can remember. He doesn't want to go to this new house, to this new side of England. Away from his friends. His thoughts were racing.

''You know.. she has a son right about your age..'' His father stated. ''And..?'' Louis said sighing. ''This is going to be new for him too, it's a change for all of us. Not just you. Think about that for a moment.'' Mark said before standing up and walking out of his sons room. It was probably best if he let him be for a few hours.

Louis was left alone in silence. His father just walked out of the room, closing the door softly behind him. The first thing he did was opening his window, grabbing his lighter and a cigarette. He had to calm down his nerves that were slowly covering the edges, fading in and out. Grabbing his phone after a moment, sending a message out to the group chat. 'I have to move' it simply said. His phone immediately buzzed again with a answer from Liam. 'what do you mean' ' what is going on'. Liam has been his friend ever since kindergarten.

'where to' His other best friend messaged back, Zayn. Zayn hasn't been that long in his life but they grew very close together over the past few years. They often smoke together. Something Liam always hated but accepted. Louis considered himself lucky with his friends. He could have been way worse off in his opinion.