Birthday surprise -E.O

Start from the beginning

As she predicted, she received a lot of responses to her mails with the celebrities apologizing for not being able to come to the birthday party. She knew their teams were the ones responding but at least she can say that she tried.

When they got into the club, music was already blasting and a lot of their friends were waiting for them to arrive. 

"Happy birthday, girl!" Sheyla ran to Emma to hug her. 

"Thank you so much!" Emma responds hugging her just as tight. "And thanks for coming." 

"Of course." The woman responds. "They serve free drinks so I had to be here." She jokes making Emma laugh.

"Well, in that case. Drink as much as you want." Emma replies.

"I plan on it." Sheyla responds. 

"Emma!" She hears someone calling her name. She quickly turns around and sees another dear friend that is running to her to hug her.

"Sage!" She matches the enthusiasm. 

"Happy birthday!" They yell in her ear while hugging her. 

"Thank you." Emma giggles. "How are you? I haven't seen you in quite a lot of time." She asks them when they break the hug.

"I'm alright. I was busy with the monthly fashion magazine, but now I should have a few days off." They respond bouncing excitedly on their toes.

"You have to tell me all about that." Emma says happily for her friend. 

"We have to meet for a coffee, I have so many things to tell you." Sage responds. 

"Definitely." Emma agrees. 

Before she could say something else, another pair of arms hugged her.

"Happy birthday!" This time it was Noel, Sage's partner. 

"Thank you so much for coming, both of you!" Emma responds. 

"Our pleasure, girl." Noel replies while giggling. 

"Have you had anything to drink yet?" Sheyla returns with two glasses in her hands.

"No, I didn't get the chance yet." Emma says and turns to look at the woman.

"Don't worry girl, I got you." She says and hands her one of the glasses.

"You're a lifesaver." Emma giggles and takes a few gulps of the drink. 

"Well, duh. I need my dance partner so you better hurry up here." Sheyla demands jokingly, making everyone in the small circle that they've created, laugh. "I convinced the DJ to play Rihanna next so you know it's going to get better from here on." 

"Well, sounds like I'm going dancing now." Emma jokes. "Thank you again, guys. We have to do that coffee to catch up." She turns around to Sage and Noel and when they nod agreeing, she takes Sheyla's hand. "Lead me to the dance floor, girl!" 

So, with a drink in her hand, Emma was pulled to the middle of the dance floor by the brunette in front of her. 

Just as they stopped there, Please don't stop the music started and they started dancing with each other. 

She lost Claire the second they stepped foot into the club, but she figured her other friend was either at the bar or taking care of some things. She'll join them on the dance floor when she can. 

Do you know what you started?
I just came here to party
But now we're rockin' on the dancefloor acting naughty
Your hands around my waist, just let the music play
We're hand in hand, chest to chest
And now we're face to face.