000

Sitting at the edge of my bed I am looking at the same walls as before. Waking up to the same sights every day is super boring and I wish there were more people my age around to just play with.

 Waking up to the same sights every day is super boring and I wish there were more people my age around to just play with

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Everything is sized for an adult which is kind of cool. I glance over to the shutter door with clean dents in the plating where I have banged my fists into trying to get out of this place. Getting out...

I wish. I just want to live a normal life like other kids. But I am very important to them. I climb out of the bed and walk towards the couch tapping at the table. Activating the built-in computer the holograms pop up from the tabs I had opened the night before.

I am only allowed to look at the news and the notes about the research that went into creating me.

I start my morning routine hooking myself up to the table with sensors placed along my body. I have been doing it on my own because they always start the day like that to see if I was fine or not.

A mic icon appears on the screen as a female voice greets me. "Good morning, (Y/N)."

"Morning." I return my attention back to my usual routine for the morning.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Meh. Do we have training again today?"

"Unfortunately-"

Stopping her. "No, I like it. I just don't want to be locked up in my room all day. Have you asked about the games? It is super boring sitting on the couch all day with only chess to play. I hate chess."

"But aren't you good at it?" She giggles.

"Because it is the only game I can play." I fall back into the couch with a sigh.

"I'll bring breakfast up for you." The call disappears.

I return my gaze to the console tapping through all the news reports, a lot of it doing with omnics. They were cool to look at it but for some reason that I forgot about already, they were pulled out of the market.

Nothing else that I care about.

The shutter door slides open, I don't look at her while she places the plastic tray on the table disrupting the holograms that I was looking at. "Thank you."

She sits down next to me, I look at her over my shoulder as she smiles back at me.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"So? How are the readings?"

"Everything is the same. Why are we still doing this when we know nothing is going to happen to me when I use the powers you created me to use?" I cock my head watching the unappetizing food on the table.

"Because we don't want you to get hurt or hurt yourself."

With a slow nod. "I don't think I have ever gotten hurt before..."

"But you could." She counters with a giggle.

"But-"

"Nope. Come on. The quicker you finish up your breakfast the quicker we can get you out of this horribly drab room."

I reach over for the tray and start digging into it just to get out of this room quicker.

"With what you have now - the four powers you can use I say we have made substantial progress. Not to mention the versatility that comes with it. We have made a lot of progress with developing each of them so let's take them for a spin today and see if you can handle using them right after each other."

I arch my brow slightly before nodding. "I can try."

"Don't push yourself too far. Okay?"

"Hm mhm." I munch on the rest of the food not bothering to chew.

The quicker the better.

I set down the tray and she smiles at me with an amused expression. Gesturing to the shutter door we both rise to our feet and walk towards the training room where they let me just use what I can without worry that I might destroy the facility's plating.

Stepping inside you can still see broken targets and scorched steel plated from what I was trying to achieve.

She drops down on one of the benches with her PDA observing me where I assume I can just go crazy just stretching all my muscles. I walk to the white tape and glance at the metal targets in the distance.

I create a flaming knife that I spin around my finger before grabbing it with a backwards grip. I stare at the flaming knife for a moment before throwing it towards the target. It crashes into the metal burning brightly before it explodes.

 It crashes into the metal burning brightly before it explodes

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I can do the same with a flaming hammer that has the same explosive effects. I decide against it for a moment as I travel away from the solar-based abilities and try out the arc-based abilities. Looking at the other I lift my hand blasting a large beam of electricity that knocks the target to the ground with sparks flying around it.

Then finally trying out the void-based powers I look at the last target launching a purple shield towards it that cleaves it in half before bouncing around the room back to me. I catch it with relative ease with the momentum almost making me fall to my ass.

I glance at her. "Is that fine?"

"Can you try the ice counter-part?"

I cover my entire arm with shards of ice and instantly shatter it. She instantly drops her gaze to the little PDA in her lap to probably write down everything. I spot people in the distant windows watching me use my abilities.

"Can I just do what I want to now?"

"Yep. Go ahead."

This is just a day in my life. Hopefully, I get to leave when I am older. Because all my life has ever amounted to was training to use these abilities. I just want to live my life even if just a little because they have had me spend most of that time here.

I want out.

Origins (Overwatch Ashe x Male Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें