42

|| JJ ||

I'm laying down with my eyes closed in peace until my headphones get pulled out of my ear.

"Jack," I whine, sitting up. "I'm tired."

"You sleep too much," He says.

"School's fucking done, Jack, we fucking graduated so I want to fucking rest," I say glaring at him.

"We should fucking do something besides fucking sleeping," He says, imitating me.

"Fine," I say. "What do you wanna do?"

"I need to pack my stuff," He says.

I nod. "I'm gonna miss you staying here."

"Me too." He kisses me.

"When are you leaving?" I ask, resting my forehead on his.

"Tommorow," He replies.

"Oh."

"Jack, I know you don't want me to, but I am going off to college soon and I want to spend time with my parents..." He says, intertwining our fingers.

"I get it," I respond quietly." He nods.

"Oh, and my mom told me to give you something, it's in my room, one second," I say, getting up.

I walk up to my room and get the picture from graduation from on my desk.

I run back down and hand it to him.

He smiles, admiring the frame. "Class of 2014."

"Yep," I say. "And the picture is sooo cute, I love it. My mom got one like that for me too."

My mom was taking pictures, and she took one of me and Jack kissing and framed it.

"I love it so much, tell her I say thanks," He says, putting it to the side. "Are you free next weekend?"

"Probably," I respond. "Why?"

"Amusement Park," He says. "Just.. trying to get more things crossed off the bucket list."

"The bucket list is dumb now," I pout, "It just reminds me that our time together is limited and I don't like that."

"It was your idea..." He tells me, "And I think it's a good one so we're going with it."

"So... what do you wanna do?" I ask him, trying to start another conversation.

He shrugs. "I don't know."

I lay down so my head is on his lap. "Life sucks."

He sighs. "Yep."

"I used to be excited to go off to college, but now I'm dreading it."

"We'll still have texting, Jack," He says, "We can still talk."

"Texting. That's dumb, that's like talking to a computer, you can't even see the person."

"Funny you say that, because our whole relationship started with a text," He points out, smiling down at me.

"Oh, right," I say, getting up.

He frowns. "Why did you get up, we were having a moment there."

"Because I wanted to ask if you wanna play basketball."

"Oh. One, I can't 'cause of my leg, and two, it's supposed to rain today..."

He shrugs. "It's May, I guarantee its not going to rain. And we can just shoot."