20

|| JJ ||

Jack and I have grown close since I found out who he was.

But, this was the last thing that I expected to happen.

"Jack," I say, looking down. "I like you. A lot."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Really? Okay, I'm done, bye," I say, getting up and walking away.

"No, I was just joking!" He says, grabbing my arm and making me sit down.

"I'm confused," I say. "I need your help."

"My help?" He asks. "With what?"

"You need to tell me what to do, like what you think I should do," I say, looking down at my hands.

He lifts my chin up with his finger. "Jack, whatever you want to do is okay with me."

"Thank you," I say. "I...I just need some time."

He smiles. "You can have all the time in the world. But make a decision by tonight."

My jaw drops. "You're kidding right?"

"Yes, I am kidding," He says.

I laugh, changing my sitting position so I am cross legged. "You, uh, you can do that homework now."

"Eh, I've got all weekend," He says. "And I like just talking. So, what's up with you, JJ?"

"...Never call me that."

"Why? It's cool," He says.

I sigh. "No, it's stupid. 'JJ' just sounds stupid."

"Okay," He says. "Whatever you say...JJ."

I smile sarcasstically. "You're a real bitch, you know."

He smiles back. "Yeah, I know."

I laugh lightly, as the room fills with an awkward silence for the first time since he first got here. "So...uh, do you wanna watch a movie or something?"

"Sure," He says. "What do you have?"

I open up my laptop and look at all of my movies. "I still haven't watched Oujia. Wanna watch it?"

His eyes widen. "I...uh...sure."

"No way," I say, laughing. "You're scared of scary movies!"

"No..." He says. "I am not. I just... think they're boring."

"I can't believe Jack Gilinsky is scared of scary movies," I say. "The Jack Gilisnky is scared of scary movies."

He brings his knees to his chest. "They're weird and creepy and just really scary, okay? Don't make me watch it."

"I'm making you watch it."

"Jack, I swear to God," He says. "Please don't make me watch it."

"Calm down," I say. "I heard it's not even that scary. Like a tiny bit more scarier than Paranormal Activity 4, maybe."

"Jack," He says. "You're making me feel like a coward. Paranormal Activity 4 scared the shit out of me."

"Well, guess who gives a fuck? Nobody. So watch the movie," I say, pointing to my laptop screen and starting the movie.

"Fine," He mumbles. "But you owe me."

"Okay, whatever," I say. "Just watch."

-

"Oh come on, Jack! It wasn't even that bad."

"You're trying to kill me," He says, once again. "I hate you."

I sigh. "Ghosts aren't real. The oujia board is a fucking piece of cardboard. And we don't even have one anyway so shut the hell up and let me sleep."

"Well. can you turn the light on?" He asks.

"No!" I say.

"Please," He says.

"Jack, I can't sleep if the light's on," I say, suddenly feeling bad. "Is there anything else I could do?"

"Could I maybe...um, sleep with you?"

He can't see it because it's pitch black, but my jaw just dropped.

"That was too much," He says. "Nevermind, sorry."

"Uh," I say. "No, i-it's okay. You can if you want. If you, um, feel more better that way."

More better? Really?

"Thank you," He mumbles, and soon he's right next to me.

He leans on my shoulder, and I slightly freak out.

He's just scared, I remind myself.

"Are, uh, are you okay?" I ask.

He lays his head on my chest. "Yeah."

I nod, swallowing the giant lump in my throat.

He's just scared.

I find myself wrapping an arm around him, bringing him closer to me.

He's just scared.

I'm just trying to make him feel better because he's just scared.

"I love you, Jack," He mumbles, sleepily.

I close my eyes, taking in a big breath.

Somehow I can't bring myself to say it out loud, but there's a chance I love him too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so so so sorry if the last chapter was confusing to you guys, i probably should've written from Johnson's POV now that I think about it😂

it's that time of month and i wanna shoot myself bc im in p-a-i-n

and also thotison queer (creds to whoever made it up, I saw it commented somewhere one time) over here is pissing me off and im confused and mad and worried and scared and idk i just know i am not happy k

ok. now that that's done. goodnight my lovelies.

❤️