36

|| JJ ||

Really?

He just had to show up, right when everything was perfect.

It shouldn't even be suprising considering my luck in the past.

Now, I'm just sitting there, praying to God that Jack's dad doesn't say anything.

"So I guess you decided not to take my offer?" He asks. "Why? I thought it was a pretty good one."

"Please," I say, "Leave."

"Wait but Jack, what he is talking about?" Jack asks me, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"You don't know, do you?" He says, a smug grin plastered on his face. "Do you want me to tell him Jack?"

I shake my head quickly. "Please don't," I say quietly.

"I think I will anyway," He says.

"Don't," I say. "I'm begging you, please don't. He doesn't need to know, I don't think knowing will be good for him."

"He had the chance to earn some money," His dad says. "He had to...pretty much break your heart. And he would've gotten a lot of money, which would've greatly helped him and his mom."

I don't even want to see Jack's reaction, so I just look down. I look over at him and he's pretty much doing the same.

"This next part will definitely make you look up," He says. "It was really a sick thing to do, what Blondie did."

We both look up.

Jack looks at me. "What did you do?" He whispers.

I shake my head and look down, for I know exactly what I did, and I really don't want him to know.

"He asked how much," He says. "And he actually considered it, he actually walked out of the room considering it. I could tell he did."

"Jack, please tell me this isn't true, please tell me that you didn't actually consider doing that to me for money," He says.

I sigh. "Jack, you know I love you and-"

"Oh my God," He says, "You did."

I take his hand. "Jack, listen to me, I didn't know what I was thinking, I really need the money and he just blinded me, but I know I need you more."

He looks at me with tears brimming his eyes. "Is that why you acted out?"

I nod, looking down.

"Wow, okay so the one time I actually believe someone loves me, he actually doesn't and hasn't this whole time because he agreed to breaking up with me for money," He says.

"Jack, I didn't just agree!" I protest.

He scoffs. "Whatever."

"I really love you, Jack," I say. "I don't know what came through me."

He looks down. "Please leave, Jack."

"Jack, please, you know I would never do that to you," I say.

"And yet, you kind of did it," He says.

"Jack..." I say softly, holding his hand tighter. "I'm sorry."

"Just leave, okay?" He says. "Please just leave. I need to think."

I nod, getting out of the bed. "I'm sorry."

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah right."

"I seriously feel so bad, Jack, I don't know why I even considered it for a second, please just give me another chance," I say, practically begging now.

He doesn't say anything, so I leave. I get my stuff and walk out of the door, and out of the hospital.

I sit in the driver's seat of my old, shitty car.

I bang my head against the steering wheel multiple times.

Once I've finally regained composure, I start to drive back home.

Once again, I fail to follow the traffic rules but I don't really care.

When I get home, my mom is there with a cooked dinner on the table.

Apparently it's obvious that I'm upset, because she asks,"Jack, are you okay? What happened?"

I bite my bottom lip to try to stop myself from crying. She opens her arms.

I practically run into them, needy for affection.

"It's okay," She coos, trying to make me feel better.

I shake my head, and I end up telling everything that happened.

"Here, just eat dinner and go to bed, okay?" She says. "It's already kind of late."

I sit down for a second, then stand up. "I'm not hungry."

"Fine, just take it to your room so you can eat it later," She says.

I nod, grabbing the plate of food and going upstairs.

When I reach my room, I put the food on my desk and lay down on my bed.

I try to go to sleep, but I can't stop crying.

So I just turn around and cry into my pillow. Because, all I've been doing lately is ruining things.

And then my text tone goes off. I get up reluctantly and get my phone. I lay back down and notice the text is from none other than Jack.

Jack Gilinsky❤: I know I'm mad right now, and you probably are too, but I don't want you falling asleep or waking up sad, so I just wanted to say that I love you.