35

|| JG ||

I see Jack walking down the hall towards me and I smile.

"Jack, you're..." I trail off when I see the look on his face.

He looks upset, worried, and something else I can't quite put my finger on.

"Back," I finish. "Jack, what happened in there?"

"Nothing," He snaps.

"You can tell me," I say. "You know you can tell me anything."

"It's nothing," He repeats. "So, do you want to go outside and go around the building?"

"I'm worried about you," I say. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine," He says. "You don't have to worry about me. Let's go outside, okay?"

"Okay," I respond quietly.

"Thank you," He says.

We go outside and he pushes me down a ramp and onto a sidewalk.

"How's the pain?" He asks.

"Still bad," I respond nonchalantly.

"When do you think you can go back to school?" He asks.

"Never," I say. "I'm not a big fan of it."

He chuckles. "No one is, Jack. But we all have to go."

"I'll be okay," I say, "As long as you're there."

"I'll be there," He says so quietly, it's a whisper.

And at that moment I knew something was wrong.

"Jack, stop for a second," I say. "Come over here, I want to talk to you."

He walks over to the front. "What's up?"

"What's bothering you?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes. "I told you, it's nothing. I would tell you if it's important."

"I will fucking get up and walk away if you don't tell me," I say.

He closes his eyes and rubs his temples. Then he looks up. "Jack! Oh my god, you don't need to know everything! Just stop!" He yells, causing me to flinch.

"I'm sorry," I mumble.

"Whatever, let's go inside," He mutters.

He pushes me inside and we go into the elevator.

"Jack, I'm sorry," I say.

He shrugs. "It's fine."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

His eyes widen in annoyance. "I said it's fucking fine."

The elevator opens and we go back to the hospital room.

He helps me into my bed and sits down on a chair, obviously stressed out about something.

I scoot over and pat the empty spot next to me. "Come here," I say.

His look softens, and he slowly walks over and lays down next to me. He rests his head on my chest. His bottom lip quivers and his breath starts to shorten.

I don't know what is wrong, but I know that whatever it is, Jack doesn't want me to know about. And I respect that.

"I love you," He says, shaking. "I love you so much, you know that."

"Jack, you're scaring me," I say.

"Don't worry," He says, wiping away a tear. "It's not like that. I've just been having a rough day."

I smile, put my arm around his shoulder, and pull him as close to me as possible, causing him to smile.

"Remember when I got you that guitar?" I ask.

He raises his eyebrow, confused on why I asked all of a sudden. "Uh, yeah? Why?"

"Because I want to hear you play something," I say. "And sing. You were in choir with me freshman through junior year, I know you can sing."

He laughs and shakes his head. "I'm not that good."

"Bring your guitar and play something tommorow, please?"

He laughs. "Jack, I don't know..."

"Please, it's really boring here," I whine. "All I do is sit here and eat and drink and sleep. And go on my phone but that gets boring after a while."

"Fine," He says. "Just because you have nothing else better to do."

Something about him changed in the last couple of minutes, like the thing that was bothering him just...vanished.

Every time he smiles, I smile. When he's happy, it makes me happy. And when he's upset, it makes me upset. This boy has had an amazing impact on my life, and words cannot describe how much I love him.

"You know," I tell him, "I'm really happy I finally got the courage to start texing you."

He smiles, a big genuine smile. "Me too."

He starts to say something else, but the door opens. Both of our faces change from smiles to frowns when we see who is at the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

doing a double update bc swag

I have mono tho and I feel like shit