42| the eclipse II

(42)

|Edited|

A D R I A N A

.........

If anything, I had not found her, I kept snapping the necks of petty rogues that tried stepping in my way with the fire burning them from my fur. Growls could be heard around me from afar. Honestly, I was bent on finding my mate and that witch.

More rogues jumped before and I growled biting harder. From the look of things, for now, we are winning. My pendant kept glowing on my neck and that got me worried.

That thought was wiped away as a large windswept me off my feet, throwing me back. I groaned as my back collided with the tree which immediately made it light up. 

I looked up and saw a large tornado coming toward me which I skillfully dodged. I looked around and noticed that we were near the lake. Gushes of wind made their way for me as I ran away trying to dodge it.

It wasn't going for the war, it was after me. Which meant that it had to be her. The tornado finally stopped swishing around and its place stood Clara. Again, her beauty was domineering. 

"Ah," she said with a smile, "Honestly, I didn't think you'd be this smart honey." 

I growled in response and she chuckled holding her red dress. It sort of went with what was going to come out of her soon if she didn't shut up. 

"You thought I'd be at the clearing? Well, honey, I don't follow the rules instead I make them. Only one of us has our mates here with us tonight and it isn't you." She sang out again. 

I hate you. I growled out in my mind.

"So how is this supposed to work? Ah, I am meant to kill you and drown your body in that water, right? That could work but first, why not talk about why I'm doing this in the first place? You deserve to know my reasons." 

I stepped forward but she kept on giving me a maniacal smile. Something told me that what she was about to say was going to hurt my psychology. 

After all, it was what she was good at, weakening her opponents mentally before fighting them. My eyes shone icy blue as I growled at her. I didn't care about what she wanted to say.

"Zayn Stone. A perfect carbon copy of his stupid mother. Half-vampire and half-witch. She was always against the plans. In love with a werewolf. How disgusting. Ah, she was the strongest vampire indeed. He ended up killing her and the useless children were just like their parents! He killed my partners with his stupid army! I cursed him. A good one. And took his heart. He would be mine." Her face contorted in pain as she spoke. I could see the pain in her eyes but I couldn't care less.