28| intensity

(28)

|Edited|

A D R I A N A

.......

He winked at me and I sheepishly looked away with Toby Stone smiling at us intently. This was new. I was to fight a millennial witch. I was the Light, I had a warrior goddess wolf as my other half.

Never in my life did I think I would be this important while growing up. I thought back to the time she talked to me. The pendant was a weakness to her if she only came around me when Zayn took it.

"Again, I'm gone. I hope to find more information on how to extract a witch from a body," Toby said standing up, I looked at Zayn confused and he just shrugged.

Toby saluted me and left the house leaving my sleepy mate and me in the house alone. 

"Avalon is using the body of Toby's love and mate," Zayn said before I could even ask and I held my hands to my mouth already feeling intense pain for Toby.

"Oh shit. When?" I asked and Zayn sighed at me.

"He didn't tell. But he's heartbroken about it. I mean I get him," Zayn said with his voice down and lost. "If I lost you to Avalon, I would have run mad," He concluded making my eyes widen.

Was Zayn warming up to me finally?

"Cause Mates can't live without each other." He completed and I rolled my eyes at him. "Can you make me cookies?" He pleaded and looked at him weirdly.

"You like cookies? What flavor?" I questioned and he looked away from my eyes.

"Anything apart from peanuts. I hate them." He concluded and walked into the kitchen. He followed me and I frowned at him.

"What's up?" I asked and he shook his head at me. "Don't you have training?" 

"I want to help you make it. Like I used to with my mum." 

My chest paused for a second. I just realized that I didn't know much about Zayn. Just the bad parts that I had read or heard. I nodded at him with a smile and took out the flour.

"Break the eggs," I ordered and he smirked at me, shaking his head. 

"Yes Luna," He suddenly whispered at the ear causing me to shudder. 

I reached for the baking powder but didn't see it in the drawer. "I don't think there's any baking powder left," I said after a minute of search.

"It's right there," He said and pressed himself to me, I placed my hand on the counter to stable myself and he placed his on mine. He breathed into my ear and kissed my neck causing sparks to course through me.