22| rogue force

(22)

|Edited|

A D R I A N A

......

I stayed in my room, cooped up on the bed with a really worried look on my face. What was going on? Someone always wanted to hurt me these days. The door banged open and I looked to see Avery with a smile on her face.

"Hey!" She squealed and climbed the bed, giving me tight hug. I hummed in happiness as she squeezed me. "How are you?" She asked softly as she released me.

"I'm fine. Just a little headache. Where's Justin?" I questioned and she rolled her eyes.

"About that, Justin and your father are arguing about where you would be safe. Our pack or yours?" She replied and my mouth dropped.

"Here. I don't want to see him again." I said with a huff and she laughed.

"Same here but come to think of it, he was worried this morning." She looked up at the ceiling in thought as she spoke. "Come on, let's go downstairs." 

I nodded and got out of bed carefully. Following Avery's footsteps, I got downstairs and saw my dad and best friend in a glaring battle.

"I'm done with your pack. She is my daughter. She stays with me." My father growled out making Justin's hands shake in anger.

"Guys!" I shouted getting everyone's attention. All of a sudden, their glaring faces changed to innocent ones. "What's going on? I'm not going anywhere, Justin." I completed and my father smiled at me.

"There's a secret pack of rogues that deals with evil people. They are run by someone that we don't know yet. The main point is, that they want you. Or there will be war." Justin spoke with ease while my eyes widened at every word.

"We are here to keep you safe. Don't worry. They want you in two days. We brought half of our warriors to fight for our ex-Luna." Avery continued and placed her hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"But I'm telling your dad that you can stay with us after the war for safe keeping." Justin finished up and my dad fired up again.

"Ok. Justin, I can't follow you back there. Try and understand that. Thank you for being here with me anyway." I said and walked up to him. "I'm really glad I met you." He hugged me and I sighed sadly. 

He released me and I was hijacked by a certain female pressing me to her chest. "I'm glad I met you also Avery." She laughed and released me.

My father smiled and nodded at me. "What's with all the hugging? We are winning this." Avery persuaded and we all nodded to her optimism.

"We should practice," Justin suggested and turned to my father. "Your pack is known for its strength. How good are your training grounds?" My father nodded in appreciation at his remark.

"Let's find out. Adriana is not training today." My father said and Justin and Avery nodded in unison.

"Of course."

"Fine by me." 

I stared at the two of them in horror and they shrugged. My father smiled and turned to me again, "You should get some rest. We will be back." 

"I've been resting!" I exclaimed but they weren't listening to me anymore. They walked out of the house, leaving me alone.

Nothing.

I was doing absolutely nothing and it was already evening. The sun had left the sky and all I did was eat Lucky Charms.