12| demons & dark voids

(12)

|Edited|

T H I R D  P E R S O N

••••••

The wind shifted a little as a certain lycan flew through his patio doors and for some reason, filled with thoughts about his younger brother. With Zayn having this girl around, she could change him. She could make him see the better part of this world than the one their father had painted for them.

Like Clara did for him.

He sighed at Zayn's inability to love. He would have to learn. Toby thanked the moon goddess for sending his baby brother a mate. He had begun to think that his brother was indeed mateless.

The legends were wrong.

Not long, he heard the doors close again. The idiot was back. He hadn't even left him for fifteen hours. He had already put an Alpha in a coma, taken over a pack and he was watching the sunrise?

He needed help.

He sighed in relief as he remembered he had taken a fresh batch of blood from the hospital yesterday. That was what he brought to the house. At least Zayn had a good plan.

He had enjoyed the sun today. It was mesmerizing. 

Thanks, M-

*Keep him safe.* He snapped out of his thoughts and listened to his wolf. He scoffed at that. It wasn't like Zayn was giving him an option. 

He lay on the bed and looked up at the ceiling getting ready to be ignored.

Hey, are you there?

He said trying to reach his vampire. Well, in the past few years, when he lost Clara his vampire didn't talk to him anymore. 

He let him use him though. He just wanted Clara. 

Soon, he decided to go downstairs. He felt his stomach grumble indicating that he was starving. Reaching downstairs, he wasn't in the living room. 

So where was he? 

He looked into the kitchen. He wasn't there either. He noticed the patio doors were open so he went outside before stopping abruptly at the horrific sight. 

Zayn was crouching on the ground, his hands in his hair with all the grass dead around him. He groaned in pain and buried his head in his thighs. Toby's eyes widened in shock. 

"Zayn," He cautiously called him, trying to get nearer.

Zayn still didn't look at him. He suddenly stopped groaning and fell silent. Toby tensed up immediately when he looked at his body. His skin looked dry and scaly due to how he felt sucked by the power within him. 

Toby finally walked up to him still worried. He didn't know what to do or where to start. On instinct, Zayn tensed up when he felt Toby's presence near him. 

He released his head from his lap and looked down at the dead plants around him. Toby heard thuds and looked to see five birds dead at the edge of the garden.